Bachelors in mathematics and computer science qualify in:
- Mathematical and Computer Simulation;
- Supercomputer Simulation in Engineering.
The students who study in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science FN-11 obtain profound knowledge in the following fields:
- Fundamental and Applied Mathematics;
- Calculus Mathematics, Mechanics, and Mathematical Physics;
- Problem Solutions Based on Numerical Computations;
- Information Science, Programming, and Computer Engineering.
During their course of study, the students acquire knowledge in such disciplines as mathematical analysis, algebra, ordinary differential equations, multiple integrals and series, discrete mathematics, differential geometry, and tensor calculus, mathematical physics equations, probability theory, continuum mechanics, C++ basic programming, databases, operating systems, and many others.
Our graduates’ distinctive feature is their ability to develop applied software programs for mathematical simulation of complex systems both individually and through teamwork in such fields as computer-aided design and modeling of space rocket hardware; aero- and gas dynamics; thermal physics; thermal strength; material, composite, and nanostructure science; remote probing and mathematic processing of information; processing of mineral prospecting data; reliability and lifetime of unique thermal power generation equipment.
The graduates are highly valued by employers for combining three main features: deep mathematical knowledge, the capability to develop software programs for using mathematical models, and work experience in creating applied software programs.
Science in HD / Unsplash
Information about BMSTU entrance exams
The entrants take exams in Computer Science and Technology, Mathematics, and Russian Language.
The list of application documents
- Questionnaire (please, contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to get the questionnaire)
- A readable copy of your passport with information necessary for the invitation (please, note, that your passport should be valid at least 1,5 months after the date of your entry student visa)
- A copy of the medical certificate issued by the official health authority of the applicant’s country, confirming the absence of disorders incompatible with studies at university
- A copy of the medical certificate confirming the absence of HIV/AIDS, issued by the official health authority of the applicant’s country
- A copy of education certificate (with certified translation into Russian) with the list of disciplines and results of tests and exams
- Six photos (3х4 cm, color, mat).
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More