This major aims to cultivate advanced talents of engineering technology and management to gain the basic knowledge of Material Science and Engineering so that students can engage in scientific research, technological development, process and equipment design, production and operation and management in fields of metallic material and inorganic non-metallic material.
Students can engage in work of design, research, manufacture, quality control and analysis, research and development of new material and new craft and production management of metallic material and inorganic non-metallic material in Scientific-research institutions, design institute and large and medium enterprises after graduation.
Students in this major mainly study the basic theories and production process of metallic material and inorganic non-metallic material; master the relation between tissues, structure, performance and processing technology and gain the ability of material design, modification, test and ability to develop new products, new techniques, and new equipment.
Requisite knowledge and skills of graduates:
- To have a solid foundation of natural science and good foundation and quality of humanistic and social science;
- To systematically master the basic theories of Material Science and Engineering, Material Preparation Principle and Technology, Material Structure and Property and Material Test and Control Method;
- To the professional knowledge of material molding and processing and technological economic management;
- To have the basic knowledge and skills of machinery, electrical and electronic technology and computer application required in this major.
- To be familiar with the professional techniques of certain direction in this professional field and to know the leading edge and developing trend of this subject;
- To have strong ability of self-study, a strong sense of innovation and high comprehensive quality.
Physical Chemistry, Descriptive Geometry and Engineering Graphics, Basic Mechanical Design, Engineering Mechanics, CAD/CAM Foundation, Material Science Foundation, Material Engineering Foundation, Iron and Steel Materials, Solid-state Phase Transmission, Material Technology, Mechanical Properties of Materials, Physical Properties of Materials, Testing Method of Materials, Material Preparations, Non-ferrous Metal Materials, etc.
- HSK 4 level.
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Copy of the first 10 pages of the passport,
- Copy of the high school graduation certificate or the transcript,
- A recent record of the sponsor’s bank account statement,
- Sponsorship letter,
- Application form (filled).
About the School
Founded in 1951, Liaoning University of Technology (LUT) is a provincial university of higher learning. It is a multifaceted university with engineering as its specialty, as well as offering instructi ... Read More