The Bachelor in Management (BSc) is a three-year general management programme embracing training in languages, liberal arts and personal development.
You will spend your time at three different campuses across Europe, experiencing living and studying in different countries and languages without having to compromise on academic excellence.
Our students benefit from ESCP Europe's extensive network of companies, institutions and organisations, and gain proficiency in a minimum of three languages by the end of this very selective and intellectually demanding programme.
Discover a well-balanced, cutting-edge undergraduate programme, which:
- Combines the best of management science with a training in liberal arts and languages.
- Offers the opportunity to experience intercultural management first hand by studying in three countries in three years.
- Allows you to learn and speak additional languages during the course of an intellectually challenging programme.
Our Bachelor in Management (BSc) is totally unique, and will offer you:
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons (e.g. by studying psychology or sociology) while acquiring crucial skills for your future business career.
- Classes in study, methodological and research skills, as well as training and workshops to improve your oral and communication skills.
- The possibility to study in different countries while staying at the same school, following a meticulously designed curriculum.
- A demanding programme gathering high-profile students from around the world who aspire to attain top international careers.
Founded in 1819, ESCP Europe is the world's first business school. Not only do we have almost 200 years of educational expertise behind us, but we are also world-renowned for our Master in Management programme (now ranked 4th globally by the Financial Times).
Using this history and proven methodology, the Bachelor in Management (BSc) has been carefully developed to provide students with a comprehensive and unique education.
- Small group pedagogy allowing for in-class interactivity and regular face-to-face time with international, top-notch faculty
- Multinational teamwork and development of the intercultural skills highly appreciated by employers in an ever more globalised world
- Practical real-life cases and business simulations to prepare students for their first steps in the corporate world
- In-depth development of written competencies, and of presentation and rhetorical skills
- Collective projects to trigger student initiatives, developing creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Internships and social projects facilitated by our links to the corporate and institutional world, providing our students with their first true professional experiences
- Certified Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Management fully compliant with the Bologna process introduced by the European Union in 1999.
What You Study
The Bachelor programme consists of six semesters with a total of 180 ECTS credits.
During this thought-provoking three-year programme, our students learn about the various fields of business management and acquire the necessary background in economics and law, complemented by the fundamentals of maths and statistics applicable to the different management domains.
Learning about liberal arts and humanities gives students an important understanding of these fields and their links to the management discipline. Through this students are able to access business in a wider context and develop different ways of thinking.
Students develop presentation, communication and research skills, as well as gaining fluency in several languages. Group work and collective projects are an integral part of the programme, allowing students to gain insights into working as a team with people all over the world, both face-to-face and digital technology.
We believe that theory is nothing without practice, so internships and social impact projects provide the opportunity for students to bring their learned concepts and techniques to life.
The Bachelor thesis brings the programme to a close, consolidating the past three years of learning and working in a multicultural environment and preparing students for the next steps in their career, be it in postgraduate study or graduate work opportunities.
Below is a list of the modules set for the Bachelor in Management (BSc) 2016 intake.
First-year (London or Paris)
- Introduction to Business Administration & Organisations
- Financial & Managerial Accounting 1
- European Institutions & Comparative Political Systems
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Statistics 1
- Introduction to Psychology & Sociology
- International Relations and European & World History
- Presentation, Discussion & Rhetoric Skills
- Computer Skills
- Collective Project 1
Second year (Madrid, Paris or Turin)
- Financial & Managerial Accounting 2
- Business Law: Contract & Corporate Law
- International Business Law & Taxation
- Statistics 2
- Advanced Statistics
- Key Scientific & Technological Issues in Business
- Intercultural Skills
- Collective Project 2
- Internship 1 or Social Impact Project
Third year (Berlin or Paris)
- International Management & Strategy
- Operations & Information Systems
- CSR & Business Ethics
- Management Elective Courses
- International Economics
- Liberal Arts Elective Courses
- Academic Writing Skills
- Business Game
- Internship 2
- Bachelor Thesis
Languages form an important part of ESCP Europe's Bachelor programme, with the aim being that all our students speak three languages (including their mother tongue) upon graduation.
To make this possible, we provide in-class and digital language courses that are adapted to each student's level during the three years.
During the first year, all courses are taught in English. During the second semester of the second year, some courses in Madrid and Paris will be taught in Spanish and French respectively; all courses offered in Turin are in English. In the third year, some of the elective courses will be offered in German, with the option of selecting electives taught in English.
This offers our students the flexibility to study according to their preferences, whilst developing proficiency in other languages.
Each student is required to complete at least two internships, one of which can be replaced by a social impact project.
We believe that theory is nothing without practice. This is why we incorporate internships within every programme at ESCP Europe, bringing theory to life and ensuring students get essential experience through a range of companies and organisations.
Our Careers Service provides support and advice in the student's internship search; however, as part of the learning experience, students are expected to take the lead in sourcing and applying for vacant positions.
Examples of companies and organisations offering internships to our students
- Automotive: BMW, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, Renault, Volkswagen
- Banking & Finance: ABN Amro, AXA, BNP Paribas, Central European Bank, CSFB, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, HSBC, Société Générale, Santander, UBS
- Consulting: Accenture, AT Kearney, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Capgemini, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Lexington Consulting, McKinsey & Company, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Roland Berger
- Cosmetics & Luxury Brands: Beiersdorf, Bulgari, Estée Lauder, Hermès, Inditex-Zara, L’Oréal, LVMH
- E-commerce & IT: IBM, Intel, Movistar-Telefónica, Schlumberger,T-Mobile, Orange, AOL, Google, Apple
- Electrics & Engineering: Arcelor Mittal. Bosch, EADS, General Electric, Siemens
- Energy & Chemicals: BP, Cognis, Henkel, Shell, Repsol, YPF, Total
- Food & Beverages: Danone, Ferrero, Kraft, Lavazza. Martini & Rossi
- Marketing & Communication: ACNielsen, Addison Corporate, Emap Communication, GTI Specialist Publishers, IMG Artists, Saatchi & Saatchi, The Media Trust, Universal McCann
- NGO: Oxfam, Médecins du Monde
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare: GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Siemens Medical Solutions
The Bachelor Thesis is a further opportunity for students to enhance the learning and skills gained from the programme and deepen both knowledge and understanding of their chosen field of management.
Students select a research topic of particular interest for analysis. Recommendations are prepared using clear, logical argumentation and drawing upon original desk research, interviews or a case study carried out during their assignment.
Each thesis project is supervised and guided by a member of Faculty or expert in the relevant field. Students are encouraged to pick a topic of personal interest or one highly relevant to their future career plan.
A written thesis is submitted at the end of the programme and a viva voce oral examination is held, at which the research is presented to and assessed by a jury.
The thesis can be written in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish, and is guided by faculty in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris and Turin - again reflecting the international dimension of the programme.
Where You Study
Students on the Bachelor in Management (BSc) live and study in a different city each year, experiencing three distinct countries and cultures.
- First year: London or Paris
- Second year: Madrid, Paris or Turin
- Third year: Berlin or Paris
All students start the programme in London, building friendships and learning about each other's backgrounds and experiences.
During the second year, students choose from three different cities (Madrid, Paris and Turin). The group continues to work as one through distance learning group works, benefitting from the relationships fostered during the previous year. In today's globalised business world, it is essential to be able to work together in multinational teams with members spread over different locations.
The third and final year once again brings all students together on the same campus (Berlin) to exchange and share their experiences from the previous year, and successfully complete the Bachelor in Management (BSc) programme.
Boasting 45,000 graduates in more than 150 countries and representing 200 different nationalities, our students have access to a unique alumni network which provides support and helps to build ties on an international scale.
Our alumni have won a well-earned place for themselves in the international business community with most working as business leaders in top companies or successful entrepreneurs.
The Alumni calendar is always packed full of social events, Alumnights and Workshops. From the Regatta and Ski Weekend events to the annual Gala dinners at each campus, our students enjoy a wealth of activities alongside the alumni community.
The admission process is open from October to June. Selective recruitment ensures you only study alongside the very highest calibre students.
Eligible candidates are high profile students graduating from high school with distinction (or equivalent if no formal graduation). The programme is not designed for students having obtained a French baccalauréat in France. Please note that admission is only granted to students with the necessary visa.
Step 1: The online application file includes :
- Academic records of the last three years (details of all examination results obtained during the last three years of secondary education, including mock secondary examination results, if applicable).
- Secondary school examination certificate(s), if already held. Otherwise, applicants must provide these documents as soon as received.
- Personal statement in English.
- Contact details for two academic referees.
- English language test scores (TOEFL: 90, IELTS: 6.5, CAE).
- Supporting documents of additional spoken languages.
- Photocopy of ID/Passport.
Step 2: Successful applicants will be invited to sit admission tests, which include:
- Personal interview (in the language of the interviewing campus, or in English as preferred).
- Alpha-numeric reasoning admission test (available in more than 30 languages)
Whilst we prefer to meet students in person, distance interviews (via Skype) may be available.
Please note that admission is only granted to students with the necessary visa.
The Bachelor programme begins every September. The application process operates on a rolling deadline system from October to June.
There is a non-refundable application fee of €170 for all applicants.
You can choose which campus you would like to apply to based on location and/or personal preference.
To find out more about the Bachelor in Management and how to apply, please visit our website.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018