The programme is directed towards students who are interested in a study in the livestock sector. Dairy cows, pigs and poultry are the main focus of this study, which includes extensive practical training and contact with the industry.
Students are trained for positions such as advisor, sales manager, researcher, policy advisor and entrepreneur. They study at Aeres UAS in Dronten (The Netherlands) and Groupe ESA in Angers (France). The various skills required to successfully fulfil these positions are practised extensively. The programme also includes technical subjects such as animal nutrition, animal health and animal welfare. The livestock sector has a great need for highly educated farm successors, advisors and managers who have an affinity with the agricultural sector.
The university in Dronten is one of the renowned agricultural universities in the Netherlands in the field of entrepreneurship. It is not just about knowledge, it is also a question of developing yourself as an enterprising person.
The added value of your studies in France
The Groupe ESA is located in Western France, the leading French agricultural and agri-business region. With its 2,630 students, Groupe ESA is the largest institute of higher education for life sciences in France. It offers a wide range of programmes in 10 major sectors of activity: farming, food, landscape management, environment, horticulture, viticulture, retailing, trade, agribusiness management and town & country planning.
The main features of the educational experience at Groupe ESA are focusing on intensive coaching and a desire to develop a sense of entrepreneurship with a close relationship with business life. The constant exchange with business life allows Groupe ESA to stay in tune with the challenges and realities of the workplace. Angers is a vibrant city with an exceptional heritage, only 90 minutes from Paris and 60 minutes from the Atlantic. Because of the long tradition of horticulture, Angers is today the most important centre for crop production and processing in Europe, notably seeds. It is also a first class economic centre for the food industry, banks and logistics companies.
Studying in the Netherlands and France gives students the opportunity to discover other cultures and develop the human qualities of respect, open-mindedness, tolerance and resourcefulness.
Successful graduates will be competent in the following areas of expertise:
- Consultancy and advice on livestock production
- Market development and marketing strategies for livestock products
- Policy institutes at national and international level (EU)
- Applied research livestock production
Aeres University of Applied Sciences and Groupe ESA offers a double degree European Engineer Degree programme (EED) for students in the livestock sector for successful career in one of the following profiles:
- Consultant and advisor
- Sales and account manager
- Entrepreneurship and business management
- Researcher livestock production
- National or EU policy advisor
Successful applicants for the 1.5 year Bachelor degree courses must have:
- Completed BTS, DUT, HND or Licence 2 or at least three years of university study in agriculture or a related subject
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79)
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of the chosen area of interest. Essay writing is part of the selection procedure
- Strong motivation to be successful in the sector
- Team spirit, a flexible attitude in an international working environment
- Funding in the form of a grant or a stipend, or private means
After successfully completing this one- year programme, graduates will receive an Ingenieur degree (bachelor´s honours degree) and the Licence Professionelle in Animal Husbandry.