The Liberal Studies program is part of the College’s Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and is based on the development of an individualized course of study by a student and his/her advisor. This approach allows students to tailor their coursework to some degree in order to meet their personal interests and needs. Apart from the basic liberal arts requirements, students are free to select a major percentage of their courses within elective categories. Students are given significant responsibility for planning a coherent study program and afforded the freedom and opportunity to sample many disciplines and career areas.
|Degree earned||Total number of credits|
What can you do with this degree?
Medaille students have embraced local learning opportunities at a wide variety of locations, including:
- Belle Center
- International Institute of Buffalo
- Allentown Association
- African American Cultural Center
- Buffalo Museum of Science
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Shakespeare in Delaware Park
- Shea’s Performing Arts Center
- Firsthand Learning, Inc.
- Service Collaborative of WNY, Inc.
- People Inc.
According to a report from the Association of American Colleges & Universities, business and nonprofit leaders are looking for employees with the skills developed by degrees like Medaille’s associate or bachelor’s in liberal studies:
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Written and Oral Communication
- Applied Knowledge in Real-World Settings
What sets Medaille’s liberal studies program apart?
- The opportunity to design your own education — a program built specifically for you, by you.
- Small classes.
- Accomplished faculty with real-world experience.
- Close faculty-student mentoring relationships.
- Focus on valuable critical thinking, communication and writing skills.
- Interview preparation and important connections through Medaille’s Career Planning office.
You have an exciting journey ahead and we’ll be there every step of the way
Medaille College is the place for students who want to change their world and improve the lives of their communities through their careers as leaders, advocates, and professionals. Each one of Medaille’s undergraduate programs prepares you for the workplace through hands-on learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Student-centered environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
- A vibrant campus located in the heart of the City of Buffalo Relevant real-world experiences.
- More than two-dozen clubs and activities.
- Successful NCAA Division III athletic teams.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More