As this program is taught entirely in Portuguese, candidates must be able to speak and write Portuguese or be willing to learn the language.
The 1st cycle in Journalism Information aims to train individuals capable of performing activities in the media area, specifically within the Journalism and Audiovisual. The graduate must acquire specific skills - covered in the scientific basis of the specialty, and additional optional in this curriculum - to work on communication companies, occupying various positions in the structure of the media in the areas of Information, Production, and Direction. It also aims to promote synergies with local and national media and communication companies, in order to enable an effective approach to professional reality and the entry of "products" developed by students as part of the practical disciplines.
Press, Radio, Tv, Cyber journalism, Photojournalism, Television Production and Direction, Script Writing, Offices for Communication and Image.
International candidates must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- To hold a qualification that gives them the right to apply and access to higher education in the country where it was obtained. The document to be submitted must state the final classification and must be validated by the competent authority of that country.
- To hold a diploma of Portuguese secondary education or an equivalent degree. The latter case requires the submission of a document that proofs the equivalence of the non-Portuguese course to the Portuguese education system, stating the final classification.
The following applies only to local Portuguese candidates:
- To have a high school degree or similar.
- To have done the entrance exams established for the respective pair establishment/course (11 History, 13 English, 18 Portuguese).
- To have obtained in each of the established exams for the pair establishment/course the demanded minimum mark (95 points on a scale of 0 to 200).
- To have obtained on the application mark the demanded minimum mark (95 points on a scale of 0 to 200).
- The application mark is obtained from the following formula: Final high school mark or equivalent 50% Entrance exam mark 50%.
- The conditions covered by Decree-Law 296-A/98 of September 25, altered by Decree-Laws no. 99/99 of March 30, 26/2003 of February 7, 76/2004 of March 27, 158/2004 of June 30, 147 -A/2006 of July 31, 40/2207 of February 20 and 45/2007 of February 23, and by Decree-Law 90/2008 of May 30 are applied.
About the School
One of the oldest University Institutions of Private Higher Education in Portugal, with more than seven decades of existence.