Bachelor in Interpreting
The program includes following courses:
Introduction to Translation Studies
Major theories and approaches in translation: this course introduces students to the theoretical aspect of their major, giving them a taste of some groundbreaking theoretical research in the domains of Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies or Translatology.
General Translation I
Basic techniques for translating non-specialized texts from English into Arabic: This course focuses on the different approaches used for understanding the source text and formulating the target text while paying special attention to mistakes commonly made by translators.
Basic information on how to use word processing and database packages in translation: Students are trained on one of the most internationally known translation software and terminology databases, SDL Trados Studio 2009.
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport-sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.
About the School
LIU provides a well-established post-secondary education to over 20,000 full-time and part-time students in the undergraduate and graduate levels nationally and internationally.