Globetrotters who already have a degree and still want to make a professional career out of their passion: this way, please!
Who is this programme designed for?
Are you a creative, communicative travel savvy who wants to become a tourism professional? Do you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business (Marketing, International Business and Trade, Logistics,…), Communication Management, Office Management or Hospitality Management? Which means your current bachelor’s degree contained mainly business/management courses and languages? Then we are happy to invite you to our brand new one-year International Tourism and Leisure programme!
- 24-course weeks, two semesters, 1 academic year, 67 credits
- Short track students have their own class group
- Overlapping of courses is absolutely avoided by our planning team. At Thomas More, we guarantee you can take your courses without any double bookings.
Practice makes perfect
- You will have the choice to either take your 8-week internship during summer (July-August) and thus finish in exactly 1 year, or to plan your internship in the adjacent semester. In the latter case, you will graduate in 3 semesters time.
- We offer a wide choice of internship positions, both in Belgium and across the globe, so you can jump-start your international career. Please note that International Tourism and Leisure students always take an international internship.
- Aviation (3 ECTS)
- Travel Technology (3 ECTS)
- Incoming Tourism (3 ECTS)
- International Tourism (3 ECTS)
- International Tourism Project (3 ECTS)
- Travel Accommodations (3 ECTS)
- Law in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Research & Reporting in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Sustainable Tourism Development (4 ECTS)
Compulsory Dutch Course (3 ECTS) - depending on previous study and language of study
- Survival Dutch
- Professionele communicatie 1
- Culture & Art Topics (3 ECTS)
- Intercultural Communication in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Tourism Fundamentals (3 ECTS)
- Tourist Experiences (4 ECTS)
- World Cultures (3 ECTS)
- Internship in Tourism & Leisure (14 ECTS)
Total = 30 ECTS
Add 6 credits of elective courses and choose your own focus! What do you prefer? Business topics? Languages? You can choose from a number of elective courses such as:
- Asian or African Business Topics
- International Trade
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Customer Relations Management
- E-commerce and Social Media
- Global Consumer Trends
Entirely up to you to decide!
* Please note this programme is subject to modifications