Globetrotters who already have a degree and still want to make a professional career out of their passion: this way, please!
Who is this programme designed for?
Are you a creative, communicative travel savvy who wants to become a tourism professional? Do you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business (Marketing, International Business and Trade, Logistics,…), Communication Management, Office Management or Hospitality Management? Which means your current bachelor’s degree contained mainly business/management courses and languages? Then we are happy to invite you to our brand new one-year International Tourism and Leisure programme!
- 24-course weeks, two semesters, 1 academic year, 67 credits
- Short track students have their own class group
- Overlapping of courses is absolutely avoided by our planning team. At Thomas More, we guarantee you can take your courses without any double bookings.
Practice makes perfect
- You will have the choice to either take your 8-week internship during summer (July-August) and thus finish in exactly 1 year, or to plan your internship in the adjacent semester. In the latter case, you will graduate in 3 semesters time.
- We offer a wide choice of internship positions, both in Belgium and across the globe, so you can jump-start your international career. Please note that International Tourism and Leisure students always take an international internship.
- Aviation (3 ECTS)
- Travel Technology (3 ECTS)
- Incoming Tourism (3 ECTS)
- International Tourism (3 ECTS)
- International Tourism Project (3 ECTS)
- Travel Accommodations (3 ECTS)
- Law in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Research & Reporting in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Sustainable Tourism Development (4 ECTS)
Compulsory Dutch Course (3 ECTS) - depending on previous study and language of study
- Survival Dutch
- Professionele communicatie 1
- Culture & Art Topics (3 ECTS)
- Intercultural Communication in Tourism (3 ECTS)
- Tourism Fundamentals (3 ECTS)
- Tourist Experiences (4 ECTS)
- World Cultures (3 ECTS)
- Internship in Tourism & Leisure (14 ECTS)
Total = 30 ECTS
Add 6 credits of elective courses and choose your own focus! What do you prefer? Business topics? Languages? You can choose from a number of elective courses such as:
- Asian or African Business Topics
- International Trade
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Customer Relations Management
- E-commerce and Social Media
- Global Consumer Trends
Entirely up to you to decide!
* Please note this programme is subject to modifications
About the School
Welcome to the international website of Thomas More! Thomas More is the largest university of applied sciences in Flanders, offering over 31 Dutch-taught and 5 English-taught bachelor degree programs ... Read More