The four-year course starts by teaching students how children think and how to communicate with them in order for them to have a brilliant education experience. Throughout the course, students will also gain real-life working experience by teaching children in schools. The second and third year will focus on understanding the educational theory and teaching practice will continue. Furthermore, students will also have the opportunity to specialise in a certain area, the specialisations will take place in either The Netherlands, Denmark or Norway. The specialisation choices can be seen below:
Art and Culture
Religion and Ideology
History and Sociology
Physical Education and Health
Science and Technology
The final year will consist of students completing teaching practice and conducting practical research. The course enables students to teach anywhere in the world and alumni have gone on to work as educational assistants, special education teachers and principals.
For more information about the Bachelor in International Teacher Education for Primary Schools, please submit an information request form and N.H.L. Stenden University will contact you with further information. For more information please also check our website.
N.H.L. Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognizes the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Four GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes plus two ‘A’ level passes
- Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree
Some of our Bachelor programs demand additional entry requirements. You can find these on our website!
All non-EER applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EER students are the same as for Dutch students. If your diploma is mentioned in this list the additional English language test is not required.
N.H.L. Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts three kinds of official language tests: IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 for each skill).
- TOEFL 550 (paper based), 213 (computer-based) and 80 (internet based). Original test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to N.H.L. Stenden. The TOEFL institution code for N.H.L. Stenden is 9215. Cambridge ESOL score CAE-C.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 21, 2018