Thirty-three (33) semester hours with no more than 12 hours taken in one department. PS332 or 333 or 334 or 335, PS387, PS388, ES212, ES342, and HY162 are required. Minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 (C) required in core courses. A working knowledge of at least one modern language, in addition to English, is also required. The remaining 15 credits of elective courses work to complete the major may be taken from the departmental entries below. Additional course may be approved for electives by the Program Coordinator.
Business and Economics Courses:
- BS315 Culture and International Trade (3)
- ES185 Rich Nations, Poor Nations: The Economies of the World (3)
- BE ES211 Microeconomic Principles (3)
- BE ES313 International Business (3)
- BE ES435 Development Economics (3)
- ES492 History of Economic Thought (3)
- EH211 World Literature (3)
- EH212 World Literature (3)
Foreign Language Course:
- FL230 European Cultures and Identities (3)
- GY120 Human Geography (4)
- PGC GY140 World Regional Geography (3)
- GY308 Geography of Europe (3)
- GY310 Special Topics in Geography (3) (at the discretion of IS Coordinator)
- GY316 Geography of Africa (3)
- GY370 Geography of Natural Resources (3)
- HY161 World History I (3)
- HP HY230 Latin American History (3)
- HY221, 222 East Asia I, II (3, 3)
- HY250 Russian History (3)
- HY270 Modern Europe (3)
- HY271 The Middle East (3)
- HY303 History of China (3)
- HY312 Special Topics in World History (negotiated credits) (at the discretion of IS Coordinator)
- HY316 World War II (3)
- HY/FH320 Modern France (3)
- HY371 Europe Since 1945 (3)
- HY422 Modern Germany (3)
International Studies Courses:
- IS397 Field Experience (negotiated credits)
- IS398 Readings (negotiated credits)
- IS399 Independent Project (negotiated credits)
Political Science Courses:
- PS150 The World in Crisis (3)
- PGC PS/PH218 History of Political Thought (3)
- PS331 Comparative Government: Western Europe (3) Prerequisite: PS150 or Instructor approval.
- PS332 Politics of Developing Countries (3) Prerequisite: PS150 or Instructor approval.
- PS333 Latin American Politics (3) Prerequisite: PS150 or Instructor approval.
- PS390 International Law (3) Prerequisite: PS150 or Instructor approval.
- PS391 International Organizations (3) Prerequisite: PS150 or Instructor approval.
- SY103 Cultural Anthropology (3)
- PGC SY/WS207 Arab Women (3)
- SY/WS315 Women and Development (3)
About the School
Aquinas College, an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic and Dominican tradition, provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused o ... Read More