Innovations in modern communication and transportation have increased and intensified relations among countries, international institutions, and individuals.
Today, we encounter numerous problems related to the process of globalization and the development of international relations. The Department of International Relations was established to develop experts in their fields who can solve these problems.
In today's world, new discoveries and innovations are being introduced all the time, and the ability to think independently and creatively is essential. The Department of International Relations trains students to think, to do research and to express their thoughts with the self-confidence necessary to compete in an expanding global market.
In addition to educating individuals for careers in Foreign Affairs, some students will be trained as foreign relations advisors to the business sector. Our program is designed to provide experts in critical areas such as international institutions, international correspondence, and international communication procedures.
Prof. Dr. Serhat GÜVENÇ
Head of Department
Information on the Institution
The program was founded in 2003.
Qualification Awarded/Level of Qualification
Associate and Bachelor (6. Level)
Applicants should obtain the required scores from Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS), First Cycle Placement Test (LYS/TM 2), and Direct Transfer Test (DGS). Placements are centrally organized by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). International students applying for the program must follow the admissions criteria determined by Kadir Has University. Students can transfer into the program by following Kadir Has University regulations on the basis concerning the horizontal transfer.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students can be exempted from some courses within the framework of the related bylaws. If the content of the course previously taken in another institution is equivalent to the course offered at Kadir Has University, then the student can be exempted from this course with the approval of the related faculty after the evaluation of the course content.
Students are required to successfully complete all courses in the curriculum accepted by the Senate (240 ECTS Credits) and have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00/4.00.
Definition of the Program
Supporting and serving the development of the country and existing as a window to the global affairs sector via educating the future international relations professionals and leaders who will be able to follow technological developments closely, have the practical knowledge and strong theoretical background.
- Understand the major concepts of international relations as they appear and operate in global/regional contexts.
- Understand and critically evaluate the contending theories and approaches to international relations from an interdisciplinary perspective
- Identify the key actors in international relations—including states, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, transnational corporations, global civil society, illegitimate groups, and individuals—and understand how these actors interact to give substance to international relations.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the key dimensions, events, and processes of international relations within their theoretical and historical context.
- Read and reflect on disciplinary materials and literature, mainly in English - carefully, critically, and insightfully.
- Write well-organized, informed, logically argued, clear essays and papers that conform to the standards of academic ethics and integrity.
- Participate actively in international relations debates and discussions, verbally expressing ideas clearly, logically and persuasively.
- Work effectively in national and international teams and project groups.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
We aim to educate individuals to have a deep knowledge of global affairs, international law, and politics, and have expertise in their whole area of study as well as specific branches. These individuals will then be in demand in both the Turkish public and private sectors, as well as international institutions and civil society organizations
Access to Further Studies
Students can apply for graduate studies in related programs.
Course and Instructor Evaluation Questionnaire Graduation Questionnaire Satisfaction Questionnaire.
About the School
Kadir Has University (KHU) was founded in 1997, in Istanbul. The university, with its five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law and ... Read More