Our program seeks to connect theory with practice by providing students with a quality education coupled with the practical tools necessary to be successful in the real world. The study of International Relations at the IUS enables students to understand and analyze the actors, decision-making processes, and institutions at the local, regional, and international levels.
The field of International Relations is multidisciplinary, and it includes history, political science, economics, sociology, the law, philosophy, and anthropology.
A few of specific areas that our program focuses on:
- The conditions necessary for peace in the international system
- The role of international organizations, the great powers and emerging powers in world affairs
- The role played by personal and group affinities in shaping the identities that bear upon International conflict and cooperation
- Issues related to integration to the European Union and NATO
- Contemporary diplomatic issues/crises pertaining to the Balkans region
- Foreign policy decision-making processes
- Conflict resolution and analysis
- Four-year degree
- 240 ECTS
- AQ Austria accredited
- Maximum 3600 Euro per year (with scholarship, since only strong candidates are accepted)