In this 4-year programme, you will learn about production, the flow of goods, planning and scheduling, and storage and transport. This skillset is highly valuable to organisations, as is shown by your internship opportunities alone. Companies such as Volkswagen Emden, IKEA and international logistics companies are happy to take on International Logistics Management students from NHL Stenden.
As a graduate of this course, you will have excellent career prospects, allowing you to work for large international corporates, but also governments and non-profits.
A logistics manager makes sure that key business processes, such as storage, transport, or planning run smoothly. On the job, you will enjoy a high level of responsibility, and no working day will ever be the same. Careers that are open to you after graduation include Logistics Manager, Planner/Scheduler, or Purchase Manager.
The curriculum is based on Design Based Education principles. This means you get to pursue your field of interest within international logistics while working on real-life cases. It also means you get to work in small study groups, ensuring you will receive personal attention and coaching.
To be admitted to one of the bachelor programmes you have to meet certain admission requirements. NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognises the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Four GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes (final grade A, B or C) and two ‘AS’ level passes. These six passes combined must all be in different subjects.
- Associate, bachelor's or master's degree
Furthermore, some of our bachelor programmes may demand additional entry requirements.
If you are aged 21 or older and would like to enrol at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, but do not currently meet the admission requirements, you are invited to register for the entrance examination.
All non-EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EEA students are the same as for Dutch students. If your diploma is listed here, the additional English language test is not required.
NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts four kinds of official language tests:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 for each skill).
- TOEFL 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) and 80 (internet based). Original test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to NHL Stenden. The TOEFL institution code for NHL Stenden is 9215.
- Cambridge ESOL score FCE-C (169, or higher).
- TOEIC 670 (Listening and Reading) and 290 (Speaking and Writing).
Please note: If you do not have the appropriate level, it is possible to enrol in our English Preparatory Language Course.
Start date: September
Duration: 4 years, full-time
Tuition fee (annual):
September start: EU students = €2,143
Non-EU students = €8,350
EU applicants: 15 August
Non-EU applicants: 31 May
About the School
NHL Stenden is an international multi-campus university of applied sciences. Its Dutch campuses can be found in Leeuwarden, Emmen, and Meppel. International campuses are located in Bali, Qatar, South ... Read More