Why pursue an international business degree at North Central College?
Here youâll cultivate the âsixth senseâ required to do business abroadâand that will make all the difference to your professional success. Of course, youâll master core business practices, identify market trends, explore financial markets and so on. But youâll also develop an instinct for whatâs appropriate in a given situation, for whatâs being left unsaid and for the ways different communication styles and customs can affect business transactions abroad.
You may also:
- Travel, study and work internationally through our study abroad and international internship programs.
- Learn about the fair-trade coffee import business through work in Guatemala.
- Identify job opportunities through faculty and alumni networks and our Career Development Center.
- Apply what youâve learned to international entrepreneurial projects through student organizations like the Entrepreneurship and International Business Organization (EIBO) and Enactus.
- Simulate trades and access thousands of proprietary reports and data screens in the Bloomberg Finance Lab, where 10 workstations are equipped with the Bloomberg Terminal software, the iconic dual monitors and Bloombergâs unique keyboards. You can also choose to become âBloomberg certifiedâ by completing a series of modules that cover economic theory, economic indicators, currencies, fixed income vehicles, options, equities and more.
International Business, B.B.A.
International Business benefits students who aspire to developing a global mindset and are willing to confront situations and problems characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. This major is for students who are interested in understanding global competitive dynamics, competencies and decision-making skills for multinational industries. International business graduates possess highly transferable skills attractive to international firms, state or federal agencies and non-government international organizations. Often domestic firms seek International Business graduates for their business, language and multi-disciplinary skills.
International Business Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
Students interned at the following organizations:
- American Income Life
- Design Resource Center
- Effortless English
- Endress and Hauser
- US Cellular
Recent graduates are employed with the following companies:
- ABM Industries
- Clutch Global Logistics
- Hendrickson International
- Mars, Incorporated
- Nielsen Holdings
- Radio Flyer
- UPS Global Freight Forwarding
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Donât make it alone. North Centralâs admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
North Central makes admission decisions on a rolling basis starting on October 1 for the next academic year. While there is no set deadline, we recommend the following priority deadlines for full consideration and to allow time for visa processing:
- May 1 - for the semester beginning in August
- October 1 - for the semester beginning in January.
Our academic calendar will have two semesters starting in August 2020, and you can start your program in August or January. Most new students begin in August.
About the School
Founded in 1861 and home to 2900 students, North Central offers a safe, affordable, hands-on, campus-based American university experience in a terrific location. Our career-focused liberal arts educat ... Read More