The B.S.B.A. in International Business prepares students to function in entry- and mid-level positions in firms actively engaged in trading across international borders, or to begin a career in the international civil service or international legal profession. This program, conducted in cooperation with the Modern Foreign Languages Department, seeks to prepare the graduate culturally and socially, as well as professionally, for this rapidly expanding field of employment.
Why is business a top program?
- Students enjoy strong job placement rates
- Skills acquired in business are useful in all career fields
- The Center for Entrepreneurship allows students to access experienced entrepreneurs and investors
- The Professional Selling Program showcases student talent to top corporations
- Students may combine business curriculum with foreign language and cultural studies in Chinese, French, Italian, and Spanish
- Students learn how to be professional and career-ready
- The Stock Trading Room enables practical finance experience
- Students have an opportunity to earn a 4 + 1 MBA
- Accounting majors have multiple opportunities to intern with local, regional, and Big 4 accounting firms
Opportunities for experiential learning
- HPU Elevator Pitch Competition
- HPU Business Plan Competition
- Regional elevator pitch competitions
- National selling competitions
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs National Conferences
- Involvement with High Point Business Community
- BB&T Leadership Institute Certification
- Roundtable events with the entrepreneurial community
- The Investment Club invests real dollars in markets
- Study abroad global business courses
- Working and learning at the High Point International Home Furnishings Market
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
Student clubs & organizations
- Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity
- American Marketing Association
- Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
- Entrepreneurs Club (eClub)
- Floyd Craven Investment Club
- PSB Selling Club
- Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society
Competitiveness in today’s business environment often requires business executives and managers to think and act globally. An education in international business combined with second language proficiency is increasingly important for both international and domestic business success.
Our international business program emphasizes international business and economics, as well as foreign language study and other global courses such as political geography and international relations. International business students are encouraged to take complementary courses in business administration, economics, the humanities, and the social sciences to expand their global understanding and to gain a greater knowledge of related issues.
Important skills emphasized in the International Business Program include written and oral communication, marketing, teamwork, second language competency, people skills, cultural diversity, and world geography.
International business students are encouraged to complete an internship relating to their area of study. International business students should visit Career and Professional Development to learn more about job interviews, job openings, and resumes.
A degree or concentration in international business prepares students to function in many entries- and mid-level positions in firms actively involved in business activities across international borders, or to begin a career in the international civil service or international legal profession. Your career accomplishments, however, relate just as much to your interests, work effort, and job skills as to your academic major. Majoring in international business is excellent preparation for those who wish to pursue graduate study in business, economics, or law. An international business major or concentration provides a strong background for those seeking an MBA.
Examples of career fields relating to international business include the following: international marketing specialist, international product manager, international sales analyst, international financial analyst, international customer liaison, international stockbroker, purchasing manager, and export/import manager.
The Earl N. Phillips School of Business offers the B.S.B.A. degree in International Business. To graduate from High Point University with this degree, students must complete the following:
B.S.B.A. in International Business
|Major Requirements||78-80 credits*|
|University Core Requirements||50 credits|
*At least 8 credits of University Core Requirements are “embedded” within each major. Though these overlapping credits are reflected in the credit totals for both Major Requirements and University Core Requirements, they are not counted twice in the calculations of Elective and Total credits.
About the School
With more than 100 student life campus organizations and more than 600 students competing in club and intramural sports, at High Point University, you won’t just be asked to question the world around ... Read More