Aviation Management - More than just flying! Take customers to their destination on time in the fastest, safest and most convenient way.
The Aviation Management programme teaches you the core issues of business administration in the aviation industry. In 2001, we were one of the first European universities to introduce a study programme in aviation management.
The programme's strong academic focus and its practical components have repeatedly received praise from the industry.
Facts and figures
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts
- Duration of study: 6 or 7 Semester
- Language of instruction: English
- Internship: 1 Semester
- Study abroad: 1 Semester (International Aviation only)
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Intake: March & September
Your benefits at IUBH
Besides general business management, you will learn the characteristics, regulations, and mechanisms of the aviation industry. Research and project work help to deepen and intensify your knowledge.
By the time you graduate, you will have an excellent academic education and a perfect starting point for an international aviation career.
- Faculty with proven international experience
- Instruction in small, international groups
- Theory and practice linked to case studies and projects with international organizations
- Development of key social, professional and intercultural skills
- Access to extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- A professional edge through an extensive, optional foreign language programme
- Profit from our more than 10 years of experience in the field.
Our language of instruction is English, our atmosphere is international and our programmes make students highly employable. Our international professors use their practical experience to teach aviation management through case studies, project work, and theory.
- Would you like, in addition, to gain international experience during your studies? Then opt for the 7-semester programme in International Aviation Management.
International networks are characteristic of the air transport and logistics industry. Whether you are working as an airport consultant for commissioning projects worldwide, a strategic account manager for a logistics company or working locally for the station management of an airline, international experience, and good foreign language skills provide the ideal qualifications for direct entry into a management position.
The 7-semester International Aviation Management study programme orients itself on the curriculum content of the 6-semester-long programme. In addition, you spend the 7th semester at one of the IUBH partner universities abroad. It is a benefit: You collect international experience during your studies, improve your foreign language skills and acquire additional ECTS credits while gaining in-depth specialized knowledge. You can also decide to enroll in the 7-semester programme during your studies at the IUBH.
The three core elements of the curriculum are:
- Business: Courses in business studies form the basis of the programme. They include besides others mathematics, statistics, integrated service management and accounting & finance.
- Industry-specific courses: Here students get to know the aviation industry from scratch and gain in-depth knowledge of specific management subjects such as airport management, aviation policy, airline management, yield-management, business models of airlines, slot management, network management and financing airlines and airports.
- Skills courses: Computer training and business communication provide vital training in essential and sought-after skills.
- Study abroad: 1-semester abroad at one of our partner universities is an integral part of this programme. Study abroad is not only a chance to improve foreign language skills but also an international experience at the academic and cultural level.
Depending on the selected country and university you will have the chance to learn about aviation management from a different perspective, and/or to reinforce your management competencies in preparation for a subsequent master’s degree.
Programme lectures and seminars are kept to an average of 30 students. An interactive dialogue between professors and students is encouraged through discussion and exercises.
More than studying at IUBH School of Business and Management - Cooperation agreements
Deutsche Lufthansa st.i.p Aviation programme - study and intensive practice
Through cooperation with Deutsche Lufthansa AG, IUBH aviation students can participate in the st.i.p. programme.
At Frankfurt-Hahn Airport you can combine the academic content of your degree with practical experience at an International Airport.
Flying Bachelor - Study 'n' Fly
Do you want to experience the aviation industry from the cockpit? No problem! We offer a dual apprenticeship in cooperation with the Air Alliance Flight Center GmbH. It lets you obtain an airline transport pilot`s license in connection with the bachelor degree.
By the way, :</ strong> Request now free information material and get a surprise!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 3, 2018