International Accounting Program is a part of the accounting department of Economics and Business Faculty, Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh, Indonesia. It is a pioneer of English taught program at Syiah Kuala University. It was established in 2011 to respond to the need for accountants who could work in an international business environment. The program is designed to provide knowledge and skills required to succeed in an accounting career in today's globalization and digitalization era. It integrates disciplines of accounting, business, management, Islamic values and entrepreneurship which equip the students with necessary skills in their future career. All courses in IAP are taught fully in English by lecturers who are graduated from the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, and Indonesia. In addition to the accounting courses, the IAP students have also an opportunity to participate in a student exchange program where they can study for a semester overseas. In 2018, there are 6 students who take a mobility/ student exchange program based on a credit transfer agreement for one semester in Asia University, Taiwan. The IAP also have two students from Universiti Utara Malaysia who participate in the mobility/ student exchange and studied for one semester in 2018.
The IAP is open for all prospective students around the worlds. For the last five years, the program has several international students who are coming from Kazakstan and Tajikistan. The alumni of IAP have continued their study in best universities in the world, for example, Victoria University of Wellington, Deakin University, University of South Australia, University of Passau and many more. Meanwhile, the others are working in international companies in Jakarta and overseas.
Vision and Mission of International Management Program
To be an innovative and independent International Accounting Program and a leader in the development of accounting as well as producing skilled and qualified graduates who can compete in a global level and uphold moral and ethical values in 2026.
- Provide an accounting education system which encourages independent principle and innovation with the implementation of relevant science and skill which meet the need of Indonesia development.
- Carry out high-quality research in accounting and business which are useful for the development of accounting and decision making of stakeholders.
- Broaden corporation with businesses, governments, alumni network and accounting departments in other universities, local and overseas, with the purpose of the establishment of autonomous education and learning management as well as stimulating community service programs.
- Conduct high-quality community service programs and apply accounting science which encourages accountability, transparency, participation and good governance.
- Develop moral education and ethics of lecturers, students, and staff of the accounting program.
A (the highest level) – Board of National Accreditation for Higher Education (BAN-PT)
Duration of Study
- Indonesian Language
- Basic Natural Sciences
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Accounting I
- Mathematics for Economists
- Descriptive Statistics for Economists
- Introduction to Business Law
- State Ideology and Civic Education
- Religious Study
- Disasters and Environment Studies
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Islamic Economics I
- Inferential Statistics
- Computer Applications
- TOEFL Preparation
- Introduction to Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Cost Accounting
- Taxation I
- Marketing Management*
- Management Information System
- Introduction to Micro Finance*
- Organizational Behavioural*
- Basic Natural Sciences
- Inferential Statistics for Economists
- Islamic Economics II**
- Advanced English
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Taxation II
- Public Sector Accounting
- Accounting Information System
- Sharia Accounting
- Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Auditing I
- Tax Planning
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Investment and Capital Market
- Auditing II
- Business Feasibility Study
- Business Communication
- Accounting Theory
- Research Methodology
- Strategic Management
- Ethics and Professional Standards
- Behavioral Accounting
- + Financial Accounting Concentration
- + Management Accounting Concentration
- +Governmental Accounting Concentration
- +Sharia Accounting System
- Community Services (KKN)
- Undergraduate Thesis
- Comprehensive Examination