While the preoccupation about the functionality and aesthetic of domestic and commercial spaces grow, the Interior Design professionals must adjust more and more to the technological, ergonomic and sustainable demands of the industry.
In order to achieve that profile, our Interior Design studies give you an array of tools for identifying users’ needs and for designing the surroundings that best accommodate to their requirements.
This knowledge added to the understanding of trends and the incorporation of new technologies, will help you project and develop both public and private spaces, both domestic and commercial. Whether in permanent or ephemeral spaces, the Interior Design professional gives life to preexisting structures in the same measure in which he or she can create, from scratch, the image of a new space.
- Title: Official Degree in Design, Interior Design Specialty
- Credits: 240 ECTS (120 common to all the specialties, 120 of the chosen specialty)
- Duration: 4 academic years
- Language: English / Spanish
- Conception and design of smart spaces
- Adequacy of housing and home spaces
- Conception and design of commercial, ludic and gastronomical spaces
- Creation of ephemeral spaces: fair stands, exhibition assemblies, TV scenography and set
- Design and redesign of offices and workspaces
- Rehabilitation of spaces and facilities
- Development of projects that break the architectonical barriers
- Virtual and holographic environments
- New spaces of work and leisure
- Business II organization and processes
- Design themes
- Integral projects II
- Materials and technology (II, III)
- Projects (II, III)
- Installations (I, II)
- Computing (III, IV)
- Models and prototypes
- Lighting and acoustics
- Architecture history
- Book and project presentations
- Space conditioning
- Materials and details
- Design and adaptability
- Information and signposting
- Scenography and lighting
- Department intensification
- Free choice
- Final Degree Project
Language of instruction
English track: the first 2 years are taught in English and the last 2 years are taught both in English and in Spanish.
Spanish track: all 4 years are taught in Spanish.
High School Diploma / Secondary School Diploma
About the School
Since 1989 ESDi Higher School of Design, centre attached to Universitat Ramon Llull (URL), is engaged to people who dare to redesign the world, and design and build its future. Its mission is to trans ... Read More