Intercultural Teacher Education, Degree Programme in Teaching and Education, Bachelor and Master of Arts (Education) (3 years + 2 years)
- Intercultural Teacher Education is unique in Finland with a focus on education, globalization, diversity, and ethics
- The programme includes a multicultural study or work period in an educational institution or a project abroad
- Graduates will be qualified as primary teachers in Finland
ITE programme is a unique programme in Finland as it is the only English teacher education programme with a focus on education, globalization, diversity, and ethics. The degree is oriented towards primary teacher education, so the programme focuses on the special issues related to the teaching and education of pupils studying in grades 0-6 of basic education. The education also provides competences for international educational tasks.
The values underlying the degree centre on research as its foundation, practical familiarity, active citizenship, ethical and aesthetic sensitivity, and capacity for pedagogical and didactic thinking and action. Studies include compulsory three-month study or work period in an educational institution or a project abroad.
- orientation, language and communication studies
- major studies in education
- multidisciplinary studies in subjects taught in basic education
- pedagogical studies
The Master’s degree together with the Bachelor’s degree qualifies the student as a primary teacher in Finland either in a school with Finnish as a language of tuition or in an international school where the language of tuition is English. The graduates can also find employment in various national and international expert tasks in the field of education and teaching.
Possible professions and duties after the degree:
- Primary teacher
- Project leader
- Education planner
- Education expert
About the School
The University of Oulu is an international science university that creates innovation for the future, well-being, and knowledge through multidisciplinary research and education. Future innovation is a ... Read More