The Information Technology/Network Specialist Major at USF is a TRANSER-ONLY option designed to capstone the A.A.S. degrees Network Specialist or Security Specialist from Joliet Junior College. It focuses on effective operation and management of computer systems. You will learn to apply computer technology to the solution of business problems dealing with network technologies and management of data on networks from both the client and server perspectives. You will be acquiring knowledge, skills, and methods for the deployment of emerging technology, installation and maintenance of networks, management of data resources and security of systems.
Major Program (71-72 semester hours)
All students in this program are required to complete the AAS degree in Computer Information Systems – Network Specialist Option including 38 hours of USF specified CIS course work from Joliet Junior College
Additional Required Courses (33-34 semester hours)
- COMP 141 Visual Basic
- COMP 253 Java with Data Structures
- COMP 201 Introduction to DBMS
- COMP 241 Web Programming Languages
- COMP 301 Database Administration
- COMP 312 Server Installation and Configuration
- COMP 350 Network Security
- COMP 401 Web Server Design/Administration
- COMP 430 EBusiness
- COMP 480 Senior Project
- ACCT 125 Financial Accounting
- MGMT 150 Management and Organizational Behavior
One of the following:
- MATH 121 Finite Mathematics
- MATH 170 Applied Calculus
- MATH 326 Discrete Mathematics
Also, to satisfy the Writing Intensive requirement for the CompSci department majors, a course in Comp 335 Operating Systems must be taken.
About the School
Serving 3,700 students nationwide, USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in arts, sciences, business, education, nursing, health care.