Bachelor in Information Technology
February intake takes place from November 10th, 2018 to February 15th, 2019
The Applied Computer Science faculty educates ICT specialists, computer system designers and administrators at undergraduate level. A practical approach to teaching is reflected in practice-oriented courses. You will study fundamental topics of computer science, among others: Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Programming, Operating Systems and Computer Networks, Data Bases and Software Engineering, Architecture of Computer and Embedded Systems, Computer Graphics and Human-Computer Interaction, and Artificial Intelligence.
You can choose between two fields of study:
• Computer Networks with Cisco courses
• Software engineering with Microsoft and Oracle courses.
As a graduate of the computer network programme you will know how to use modern information and communication technologies and tools for managing and utilizing global networks, among others, in business. As a graduate of software engineering programme you will be familiar with modern techniques and tools for software development and maintenance.
Benefits to You
• The study in English gives you a better chance for a career in IT and overcomes the boundaries opening global job market for you.
• The program is adjusted to the job market – software engineers and computer network specialists are most wanted on job market
• Authorized trainings:
- CCNA and CCNA Security or CCNP are included in study plan in Computer Networks programme,
- Microsoft and Oracle are included in study plan in Software Engineering programme.
• Access to specialized laboratories – You acquire actual skills.
• Students of this program achieve high results – see our students success stories.
• There is an ability to take Cisco, Microsoft and Oracle extra courses.
According to job market analysis number of job positions for software engineers and network specialists is on the top, among others, in IT. Moreover, salary of these specialists is also one of the highest in IT. For example, salary of Network Manager is £45,090 per year in UK and Software Engineer salary is £43,020 per year.
Program taught in: