As this program is taught entirely in Portuguese, candidates must be able to speak and write Portuguese or be willing to learn the language.
As stated by Peter Drucker, "people are the only sustainable competitive advantage in the long term" and as such, the Human Resource Management is a strategic area of the organization, aiming its success and the increase of its competitiveness. Thus, we can say that the main objectives of this cycle of study are as follows:
- Provide students a sense of the current role played by human resource managers in organizations in general;
- Provide students with knowledge of the latest tools in the area of Human Resource Management;
- Train specialists in Human Resource Management that dominate the main techniques and instruments of Human Resource Management, taking into account existing organizational contexts, where there is a change in the models of work organization, particularly by virtue of the emergence of new labor realities and where the watchwords are "change" and "adaptation".
The career opportunities for holders of the degree in Human Resources Management are diverse, however, highlight the following:
- Carrying out duties as manager/technician HR Human Resources Departments of businesses and organizations in general;
- Exercise of an advisory role in the area of HR as a professional person;
- Exercise of functions consulting companies consulting, recruitment and selection, temporary employment, outplacement, etc.
- Exercise of functions specific consulting in the area of Health and Safety at work.
Note also that these professionals can exert their activity in many different types of organizations, regardless of size, sector or area of business activity, since people management is transversal to organizations of various types and sectors of activity.
International candidates must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- To hold a qualification that gives them the right to apply and access to higher education in the country where it was obtained. The document to be submitted must state the final classification and must be validated by the competent authority of that country.
- To hold a diploma of Portuguese secondary education or an equivalent degree. The latter case requires the submission of a document that proofs the equivalence of the non-Portuguese course to the Portuguese education system, stating the final classification.
The following applies only to local Portuguese candidates:
The conditions to access and enroll in the Bachelor Degree in Business Communication are covered by Decree-Law 296-A/98 of September 25, altered by Decree-Laws no. 99/99 of March 30, 26/2003 of February 7, 76/2004 of March 27, 158/2004 of June 30, 147 -A/2006 of July 31, 40/2207 of February 20 and 45/2007 of February 23, and by Decree-Law 90/2008 of May 30.
Final classification from Secondary School 50%
Classification of the Admission Exam 50%
List of admission exams (national exams in the following disciplines):
- 04 Economics
- 11 History
- 18 Portuguese
(From this list, one exam is sufficient)
Program taught in: