The Human Resource Management program at MCM will equip students with the ability to examine how companies operate as well as the importance of human resource management and how it relates to the effectiveness within an organization.
No matter what field our graduates enter, studying human resource management prepares students for a wide range of jobs and positions. Effective leadership of human resources requires an understanding of strategy, law, and procedures, as well as an understanding of appropriate reactions to individual values, personality, experiences, perceptions, emotions, and attitudes. It also requires an understanding of the potential dilemmas likely to arise during policy formation and implementation and during times of organizational change.
- Develop Critical Thinking: Develop the student’s ability to think critically and analyze opportunities to improve organizational performance through human resources management.
- Refine Techniques: Enable the graduates to apply techniques in talent management, recruitment and compensation planning.
- Develop Ethical Code: Develop the student’s ability to make ethical decisions based on human resource professional standards and practices that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Apply Analytical Skills Effectively: Provide the student with analytical skills to utilize Human Resources metrics and technological applications to enhance the effectiveness of recruitment, training, development, and retention of human resources.
- Enhance Understanding: Strengthen the student’s understanding of how the alignment of human resources strategy with the organization as a whole.
- Reinforce Teamwork and Leadership: Strengthen the student’s abilities to work in and lead teams that culturally and geographically diverse.
Careers in human resource, labor relations, and organizational development, management, and teaching are among the opportunities for graduates. Graduates in HRM are able to contribute to a number of more complex functions supporting organizational effectiveness, including applying principles of financial analysis and control, collaborating in the design of an organization’s human resources plan and the preparation of an organization’s business plan.
Who the graduates could be
- Careers Adviser
- Recruitment Consultant
- Human Resource Officer
- Office Manager
- Occupational Psychologist
- Business Adviser
- Management Consultant
Where they could work
- Business Consulting companies
- Insurance companies
- Work and Family programs
- Law firms
- Government departments/ agencies and regulatory authorities
HRM Program Outcomes
After successfully completing this program, graduates should be able to:
- Effectively manage and plan key human resource functions within organizations.
- Examine current issues, trends, practices, and processes in HRM.
- Contribute to employee performance management and organizational effectiveness.
- Solve human resource challenges.
- Develop employability skills for the UAE workplace.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Teaching institution: MENA College of Management
- Final Qualification: Bachelor in Human Resource Management
- Number of credits: Minimum of 126 credit hours
- Levels: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Levels (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior)
MENA College offers a four-year program with an additional preliminary year for students who need more preparation. During this preliminary year, the College provides intensive training in English, the courses medium of instruction. It also provides computer skills that are essential to introduce students to the technological revolution that continually produces fresh information, and help them monitor such breakthroughs.
The degree is awarded upon successful completion of the HRM program comprising 126 credit hours, normally completed in four academic years (8 semesters).
The program is divided into study units called courses. Each course on average awards 3 credit hours. Courses are designated at levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior) indicating progressively more advanced studies. A system of prerequisites is used to ensure that a student taking a course has undertaken the necessary preparatory work.
The Bachelor in Human Resource Management degree is granted to students who successfully complete 126 credit hours/ 42 courses divided as follows:
- 30 credit hours of General Education requirements
- 33 credit hours of College requirements- Management Core
- 18 credit hours of Department Requirements
- 9 credit hours of Elective requirements
- 36 credit hours of Major requirements
To graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from MCM, students have to:
- Complete successfully the 126 credit hours specified in their program
- Complete the requirements in no less than three years or no more than 7 years
- Attain a minimum GPA of 2 or above
- Complete a minimum of 50% of the credit hours towards the degree at MCM
Academic Road Map for BHRM 4 year program
42 Courses: 126 Credits
The Admission Department is looking forward to offering distinguished services to the students who are applying for it over the four semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer I, and Summer II) in the academic year.
- Regular admission: This admission applies to students who have a minimum score of 60% in the UAE Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Conditional admission: This admission applies to applicants who are required to complete the English language certificate during the first semester in which he/she was accepted, with an academic load no more than 5 courses (15 credits).
- Transferred Students: This is relevant to students who moved from other educational institutions and meet the admission conditions operative in MCM, (official certified transcript and course syllabi from other institutions are needed for credit transfer in MCM).
- Admission in the Foundation Program: This admission applies to students who have achieved a score of less than 60% in the secondary School Certificate.
Students need to apply to the College using the form provided on the website and in the office of the Admission and Registration Unit. The complete application form must be delivered in person to the Admission and Registration Unit together with:
- Certified or original copy of the Secondary School Transcripts.
- Passport Copy
- Emirates ID
- Personal Photo.
- Registration fees.
- English language certificate.
The following English Language proficiency tests are accepted by MCM:
- TOEFL PBT: The minimum TOEFL PBT score required by MCM is 500 or above (The TOEFL PBT can be taken at any of the accredited higher education institutions in UAE.)
- TOEFL IBT: The minimum TOEFL IBT score required by MCM is 61 or above.
- IELTS Academic: The minimum IELTS Academic score required by MCM is 5.0 or above.
- The Cambridge Test of advanced English: The minimum score required by MCM is 154 or above.
- The City & Guilds International Test of English for Speakers of Other Languages ESOL (IESOL): The minimum score required by MCM is B1 or above.
- The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): The minimum score required by MCM is 44 or above.
- EmSAT test: the minimum score required by MCM is 1100 or above.
- Students fill completely and accurately the admission application form and submit it to the Admission Office along with the required documents.
- The admission office checks the application for completeness.
- If the student meets all the admission requirements, he/she will be admitted.
- The student will be directed to the Accounting Office to pay the required fees.
- The student, then, receives the Admission letter.
- The student meets the academic advisor to help him/her select courses that are appropriate to his/ her major and academic level.
- The academic advisor must sign the form before the student goes to the Accounting Office.
- Once in the Accounting Office, the student pays the required tuition fees and the form must be signed and stamped by the accounting officer.
- The student may register online or take the form to the registrar to complete the registration process.
Applicants can now proceed with the full MCM application (including fees payment) from their home or from any other location.
An Applicant needs to create an MCM account in order to fill the online application form according to the fields shown.
Fees & Scholarships
|Admission fees||AED 1,500||One time fee|
|Registration fees||AED 600||Per semester|
|Internet fees||AED 350||Per semester|
|ID Card fees||AED 50||Per year|
Estimated course fee (12-18 Credit Hours)
Total course fee per program (126 Credit Hours)
|Bachelor in Human Resource Management||AED 14,400 - 21,600||AED 151, 200|
|Bachelor in Hospitality Management||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
|Bachelor in Healthcare Management||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
|Bachelor in Health Informatics||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
- 12 credit hours are the minimum requirement per regular semester
- 126 credit hours are the total number required for the entire program
- All fees mentioned are exclusive of VAT
Students applying for MENA College of Management programs can receive a scholarship if they meet the criteria mentioned in the College’s policy. The following types of scholarships are available:
- 10% - With achievements in extracurricular activities for Foundation Admissions
- 10% - For students progressing from Foundation
- 10% - Merit scholarship for progressing students (to be confirmed with Admissions/Academics)
- 15% - With the result of 70-79% in Tawjihi/equivalent in other curricula
- 20% - With the result of 80-89%
- 25% - With the result of 90-94%
- 30% - 35% - With the result of 95% and above
Strategic Partners Scholarships:
- 25% - Fazaa card holders
- 25% - Esaad card holders
- 25% - Homat al Wataan (Homeland Protectors) employees
- 30% - Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services employees
Professional Employees Scholarships:
- 20% - Aviation Professionals Club employees
- 20% - For working professionals from other industries
- 25% - For working professionals with significant industry experience
- 10% - MENA Citizens
- 10% - Citizens of Dubai
- 10% - Sibling discount
- 5% additional- Early Bird discount (to be confirmed with Admissionsaccording to Academic Calendar)
*Only one type of scholarship is available per student.
**All scholarships are applicable for the first year only, except for strategic partners.
About the School
MENA College of Management is a young, inclusive Higher Education Institution, which aims to produce outstanding and brilliant graduates by offering 4 Bachelor degree programs. By considering employme ... Read More