Bachelor in Hotel & Tourism Studies
For the first time, Spain ranks as the world’s most tourism-friendly country in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. Spain receives approximately 60.6 million annual international tourists arrivals. Spain is rich in natural, cultural resources and entertainment. It also scores high in infrastructure, travel and tourism policy, conditions, and business travel. During the last few years, The World’s 50 Best restaurants listings are led by the Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca and The World’s Best Pastry Chef Awards are also led by Spanish chefs. All these facts position Spain as the best place in the world to do tourism studies at any level.
HTL International School Bachelor degree in Hotel & Tourism Studies is divided into a 3-year program.
The main purposes and objectives are:
- To provide a basic knowledge of the tourism business and show the connections between hotel and travel management.
- To acquire a general understanding of the specialization subjects, like events management, human resources, public relations and tour guiding.
- To improve English language communication skills.
- To learn a second language and start to use it in a professional environment.
This is a 100% on Campus program.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE Global, of the correspondent level A1, A2, B1, B2 or C1. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
The HTL International School Bachelor in Hotel & Tourism Studies program prepares you for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
The program will help you to develop your managerial capabilities and business sense. The good command of at least two languages will provide you a privileged position in the employment market. You’ll have a general overview of the key areas of the business of tourism: hospitality and tourism management, events management, public relations and marketing, human resources, tour guiding.
The program blends the on-campus theory with the online study platform and in-company practical internship.
On successfully completing this High Graduate Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the initial professional degree
- Associate Degree (60 credits)
- Bachelor Degree (180 credits)
- Master Degree (240 credits)
- DELE or SIELE Global Diploma (Spanish Language for Foreigners official state diploma) or
- French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. The degree qualifies graduates to take over specialist and managerial positions in the tourism, travel industry, hospitality as well as to pursue a Master’s degree course.
3. Have attained a high-level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Bachelor Degree or Grado Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
60 ECTS credits
- Module I: Professional English in the Tourism Industry
- Module II: Spanish I/French/Russian
- Module III: Introduction to the Business of Tourism
- Module IV: Geography of Tourism
- Module V: History of Tourism
- Module VI: Final Project
- Module VII: Internship (optional)
60 ECTS credits
- Module I: Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Module II: Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Module III: Customer Service
- Module IV: Communication Skills
- Module V: Spanish II/French/Russian
- Module VI: Professional Spanish in the Tourism field
- Module VII: Final Project
- Module VIII: Internship
60 ECTS credits
- Module I: Human resources management in Tourism
- Module II: Public Relations and Marketing in Tourism
- Module III: Introduction to Events management
- Module IV: Introduction to Tour guiding
- Module V: Accounting in Tourism
- Module VI: Spanish III/French/Russian
12 ECTS credits: Module VII: Internship
6 ECTS credits: Degree Thesis
- Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
- French/Russian language exam
Graduates can expect to find a job position in:
- Hotels and resorts
- Travel agencies
- Hospitality training and consultancy companies
- Tourism and hotel consultancies
- International, state, regional and local tourism organizations
- Institutional hospitality management
- Conferences and conventions centers
- Private event companies
- Eco, adventure tourism organizations
- Business tourism consultancy
- Other various fields in the tourism industry
To enroll in the Bachelor Degree, it is necessary:
- to fulfill the online application form below
- submit the requested documents:
- passport copy
- last studies transcript
- English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, we’ll send you the English level test to be completed online before the online application is done.
5 Reasons To Choose HTL International School
- All programs are given in English.
- All programs include an intensive teaching of Spanish from any level. You don’t need to know Spanish when you enroll in the program.
- All programs include paid training practices. We have many offers from national and international companies asking for trainees.
- You can switch campuses, to be able to learn the geography of Spain.
- The price of the program is 50% cheaper than in any other schools.
Instruction language: ENGLISH
Second language: SPANISH. for Foreigners, FRENCH or RUSSIAN
3 academic years
Intakes: 1st Year: October, January, April
2nd and 3rd Years: October
Enrolment fee: 200 euros
Tuition fee: 4.500 euros/year or installment payments of 2.600 euros/semester (only for non-visa students)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 25, 2018