About the Program
In our Guidance and Psychological Counseling Bachelor’s Program, the students will gain a deeper understanding of the progressive nature of human life and will find the ability to integrate professional and individual developments in accordance with differences in individual and social levels. They will learn to work on different societal groups and be trained to appropriately use theoretical knowledge in various contexts. During the program, the students learn the fundamental concepts and principles in the field of Psychological Counseling and Guidance (PCG) and learn how to materialize and assess the developmental processes and the possible problems which might happen for the individuals in different life cycles. They will train to work and share their skills and experiences with their counselor colleagues and ultimately provide individual and group psychological counseling and guidance services while considering the specific psychosocial needs of individuals.
In our Guidance and Psychological Counseling Undergraduate Program, in addition to the compulsory courses, the students can take a wide range of elective courses to make themselves familiar with the most current topics and issues in this field. The students will be provided with the chance to take part in various lecturing opportunities in individuals and groups of psychological counseling about different issues such as child abuse, family counseling, different research methods, and other issues in this field. The student will find the opportunity to make use of computer laboratories and psychological counseling applications to develop their competencies along with the latest technological opportunities and the latest published books and articles in this discipline.
The students who graduated from the Guidance and Psychological Counseling program can work as a psychological counselor or guidance counselor in different educational institutions as well as counseling and rehabilitation centers in private and state universities or companies. The graduates will be able to conduct scientific research, take part in the symposiums and conferences in the field and related to their profession.
- High School Diploma & Transcript or National Certificate and & Transcript.
- English translation of Diploma & Transcript (if applicable).
- Passport Photocopy (including all the important pages).
- Results of SAT, IELTS or TOEFL (If available).
- Personal photo.
American College Testing: Minimum 21 points.
General Certificate of Education (GCE): Having 2 A level or equivalent (4AS/8 IGCSE).
International Baccalaureate: Qualify for an IB diploma.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): Minimum 900/1600.
Applicants should complete the online application form. Here are the application steps:
- Start the application process by clicking on the Application Process Page.
- Fill and submit the Form.
- Use the PIN Code to log in to the Application Tracking System.
- Log in and review your application.
- Go to the Financial Section to make the payment.
- Collect Official Acceptance Letter and Payment Confirmation Letter.
- Get your Visa (if needed).
- Book your flight and fill the airport Pick up.
60% Scholarship is being offered to all international students in all departments and programs. To check our Tuition Fees for the upcoming intake, visit our Tuition Fees Page.
English Proficiency Test
University’s programs are in the English Language, if the student hasn’t met the Following English Level requirements, he/she will be required to take the English Proficiency Exam.
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System (minimum 5.0).
- TOEFL IBT – Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (minimum 60).
- TOEFL CBT – Computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (minimum 170).
- TOEFL PBT – Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (minimum 497).
- GCE/IGCSE – General Certificate of Education/International General Certificate of Secondary Education (Minimum C).
- FCE – First Certificate in English (Minimum C).
- CPE/CAE Certificate of Proficiency in English/Certificate in Advanced English (Minimum C).
- SAT – The SAT Reasoning Test (formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test):
- Old SAT: Writing: Minimum 340, Reading: Minimum 400, Total: Minimum 800.
- New SAT: English: 420.
- PTE – Pearson Test of English: Minimum 36.
CWU offers a variety of scholarships to all its prospective and current students in undergraduate programs according to their level of success.
International Students Scholarship
All undergraduate level students are granted with 60% tuition fee scholarship in all departments.
It covers 70%, 80% and 100% of the tuition. Scholarships of 70%, 80% and 100% for exceptionally successful prospective students. You shall apply for the scholarship by contacting our Scholarship Committee (email@example.com).
The applications are evaluated by the international student’s admission committee. Note: The academic scholarship covers (Fall & Spring semesters).
Duration for the scholarship: 4 years in the program of study, plus 1 year in the English Language Preparatory Program (if required).
Academic Achievement Scholarship
Registered undergraduate students who have studied for at least two semesters and who have achieved at least 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and 3.50 Grade Point Average (GPA), receive a CWU academic achievement scholarship of 25% to 75% reduction in their tuition fees, depending on their academic status.
Financial Aid Program
Financial Aid program designated for highly qualified undergraduate students with limited financial resources. After you have been admitted, you may apply for a financial grant if you meet the following requirements: have received an Acceptance Letter from the admission office and having limited financial resources.
If you are eligible for the financial aid program, the amount of the award will depend upon your financial need and your academic qualifications. Grants are awarded regardless of your race, color, gender, religion or national origin.
About the School
Cyprus West University was established in 2015 and located in Northern Cyprus. As a higher-education institution, it symbolizes the contemporary aspect of Cyprus which is a historical and cultural cen ... Read More