Why choose graphic design at North Central College?
Graphic design majors plan and execute the design of visual communication according to the needs of audiences and contexts. Students master a broad range of conceptual, formal and technological skills to create effective visual solutions to communication problems. Students can enhance their studies with an additional major or minor, a study abroad or Chicago term, and internships.
Graduates are employed in digital marketing, design services, publishing, advertising, public relations or related services industries.
You can also:
- Utilize a full-scale lab equipped with the cutting-edge, industrystandard hardware and software required for high-intensity graphic creation.
- Access Mac and PC graphics labs dedicated exclusively to declared Graphic Design majors and minors.
- Enroll in community-engaged, cross-disciplinary and team-taught courses.
- Compete for Art and Design scholarships.
- Gain hands-on experience by working at our student run Design Agency creating designs for on and off campus organizations.
- North Central College is part of the University Partner Program offered by the Art Institute of Chicago. As part of this arrangement, all North Central students can gain admittance to the AIC free of charge with their North Central students identification cards, and have access to lectures, educational programs, and other special events.
Graphic Design Minor
Graphic design minors plan and execute the design of visual communication according to the needs of audiences and contexts. Students master a range of conceptual, formal and technological skills to create effective visual solutions to communication problems. The minor complements majors such as marketing, journalism, public relations, and business.
Graphic Design Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
Students have interned at the following organizations:
- Augusta Label and Printing
- Chicago Humanities Festival
- Cobalt Photo
- DuPage Children’s Museum
- FELD Entertainment
- Invesco Powershares
- Lillian’s House
- Foundation Mujer
- FP Mailing Solutions
- Neary Martin
- New Home Star
- Pesola Media Group
- Phoenix Closures
- Visa Watcher
Graduates are employed with the following companies:
- American Auto Guardian, Inc.
- CB Jennings Elementary School
- Kansas State Football
- Neary Martin
- New Home Star
- Reflection Software
- RLD Creative
- The Design Image Group Inc.
- Dealer Inspire
- Launch Digital Marketing
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
North Central makes admission decisions on a rolling basis starting on October 1 for the next academic year. While there is no set deadline, we recommend the following priority deadlines for full consideration and to allow time for visa processing:
- May 1 - for the semester beginning in August
- October 1 - for the semester beginning in January.
Our academic calendar will have two semesters starting in August 2020, and you can start your program in August or January. Most new students begin in August.
About the School
Founded in 1861 and home to 2900 students, North Central offers a safe, affordable, hands-on, campus-based American university experience in a terrific location. Our career-focused liberal arts educat ... Read More