Bachelor in Graphic Design
Bachelor of Graphic Design at LIU includes following courses:
Composition and Research Skills
This course focuses on the development of writing skills appropriate to specific academic and professional purposes; the analysis and practice of various methods of organization and rhetorical patterns used in formal expository and persuasive writing; the refinement of critical reading strategies and library research techniques; and the completion of an academically acceptable library research paper. Prerequisites: ENGL150, ENGL151.
Illustration I - Graphic Design Studio I
This course is introduced in the traditional way. It introduces the visual elements, principles, and problem-solving methodology, as well as techniques of illustration by learning and developing skills and techniques of different illustration styles for advertising and products in various mediums for graphic design. Students apply a wide range of techniques including color use, typography, composition, and layout of a logo whether single or multi-page design in two-dimensional form. This course will introduce as well the history of Graphic Design from typography to layout and printing. It covers the identification, understanding, and employment of visual phenomenon as controllable communication tools. Students as well will be introduced to methodological and research practices fur designers. Prerequisite: ARTS 205
In this course a comprehensive examination of the development of visual language in relation to the human visual perception. It includes as well the investigation of symbolic representation from abstract to reality. It covers as well the development of realistic thinking and visualization toward the various elements of design. Prerequisite: ODES 410.
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport-sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.
About the School
LIU provides a well-established post-secondary education to over 20,000 full-time and part-time students in the undergraduate and graduate levels nationally and internationally.