From the fundamentals to advanced modules that cover game programming in detail, graduates of this study programme emerge with highly marketable skills, which power one of the largest sectors of the creative media industries.
Our emphasis on hands-on training, allows you to work on various projects throughout your studies to learn the essential tools and techniques for games development. You are supported by tutors to guide your experimentation and creative output to ensure you develop skills that prepare you for success.
The study programme consists of two courses, the SAE Games Programming Diploma and the Bachelor level that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised audio technique, leading to an internationally recognised BSc (Hons) Games Programming* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
There are different study modes available:
- Full time: The course is delivered full time where the standard duration is 96 weeks (24 months). This compact, fast-track study allows you to graduate quicker, and start your career earlier.
- Part-time: In case of part-time studies, there are 2 options available. Option one comprises a standard period of 120 weeks (30 months). Option 2 covers 168 weeks (42 months).
- University entrance qualification (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; at least Level B2
- Game Engine Programmer
- Graphics Programmer
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) Programmer
- Physics Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- Lead Programmer
- User Experience Programmer
- Games Designer
- Mobile Game Developer
- Games Developer
*Following successful completion of the SAE Diploma, students may be eligible to enrol in a programme validated by Middlesex University and study towards an Honours degree. Applicants who meet certain entry requirements may apply in the full-time mode of study. ±Not applicable for Non-EU residents SAE Institute reserves the right to make revisions and changes to the information presented, in line with continuous improvement actions and stakeholder feedback.
About the School
SAE Institute was founded in 1976 and has since grown to become the world’s largest, industry-focussed creative media educator with 54 campuses in 26 countries. SAE’s curriculum has been carefully cra ... Read More