Students interested in the production, processing, packaging, safety and/or transportation of the world’s food supply would be interested in the Food Engineering specialization.
Students who choose to specialize in food engineering will be taught to combine the basic principles of engineering (such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and mass transfer, etc.), math, and science (biology, chemistry, and physics) with advanced courses in food chemistry, microbiology, food processing operations, and engineering design.
Food engineers use their skills to design sustainable and environmentally responsible food processes for manufacturing safe, tasty, healthy, convenient food products as consumer awareness and demand for a safe and abundant supply of food have increased
Graduates have a wide range of jobs to pursue their careers. However, the jobs are usually grouped in the following 4 categories:
- Product development: working with the food products, packaging, etc.
- Engineering: developing the processes and machinery to make and store the food.
- Technical management: overseeing the way the food is made, packaged and stored.
- Hygiene and food safety.
OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER TO OUR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Food Engineering awarded by HCMUT.
After completing 02 years at HCMUT, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Food Engineering awarded by HCMUT.
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT
- Campus: HCMUT campus (For more information about HCMUT campus, please visit our campus)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 5, 2018