Aeres University of Applied Sciences offers students a degree programme in agri-food chain management directed towards a management career in one of the following profiles:
- Food supply chain manager
- Product manager in the food sector
- Production manager in the food sector
Food Value Chains are important because food production is becoming increasingly complicated. In the past, we consumed mainly local food products: the lines were short; we knew how and where the food was produced and we sometimes collected it directly from the farmer himself. Today, food is available through large supermarket chains which import food products from all over the world. In short, the entire chain has become long and complicated. Food chain management involves managing these complicated processes in which logistics, efficient operational management, cooperation and trust are key words.
After successfully completing this one-year programme, graduates will receive an Ingenieur degree (bachelor’s honours degree) in Management and Agribusiness.
Successful graduates will be competent in the following areas of expertise:
- Analysing agri-food chains
- Innovation in the agri-food sector
- Leadership in the agri-food sector
- Set-up and implementation of quality management systems
- Market development and marketing strategies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 17, 2018