The Financial Management specialization, on our Bachelor in Finance and Accounting studies, is a three-year program conducted in English that prepares students for work in corporate finance and accounting. Their knowledge and skills are developed intensively, as are their problem-solving and decision-making abilities, as they focus on formulating, implementing, and monitoring business strategy and policy.
The purpose of the program is to produce technically competent professionals with high ethical standards and a good business sense. The curriculum of the program combines the benefits of traditional accounting with a broad range of business topics reflecting the expanding needs and responsibilities of finance professionals, allowing students to face the challenges of an ever-changing global economic environment. Graduates of the bachelor program can expect to have the widest possible range of career opportunities in all areas of business.
Graduates of the program benefit from exemptions from most of the papers on the fundamental level ACCA Qualification (F1-F5, F7, F9) and can expect to have a wide range of career opportunities in all areas of business.
Thanks to the agreement signed between Kozminski University and CIMA based in London, students of Finance and Accounting program at our Uni will have the opportunity to obtain an international management accounting diploma.
The Financial Management Specialization is designed in close cooperation with Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas Securities Services and S&P Global and Crisil GR&A. It helps to provide students with in-depth knowledge in the areas of corporate finance, capital markets, financial reporting, and investment analysis. International accreditations and recognition by the most prominent professional associations (ACCA, CIMA, etc.) attest to the quality of the program’s educational contents.
The mobility window during the 5th semester allows students to participate in an international exchange program (without the need to worry about program differences with the partner institution, due to the fact that all major/specialization courses are taught in other semesters). The out-of-campus educational experience provides the students with a well-rounded perspective of the teaching process, facilitates the acquaintance with global career opportunities and expands the students’ professional and personal network of contacts.
Our students also have the possibility to sign up for a Double Degree Program with the Lisbon School of Economics & Management.
During the second and third year, students are prompted to undertake a mandatory extended internship program in order to hone the acquired knowledge and skills through on-the-job training. The University’s career office, as well as the program council, invest their best efforts to facilitate student internship placement with the track’s and University’s strategic partners like Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas Securities Services, Citi.
The coursework is predominantly case-based thereby assuring that the acquired knowledge meets the up-to-date expectations of the industry. Students train their skills in designing and calibrating financial models suited to tackle computationally-intensive business problems, e.g., budgeting, investment project appraisal, costing, pricing, valuation, etc.
Partners of the program:
Purpose of the studies
- Understanding international financial markets and learning the tools for making optimal financial decisions.
- Mastering the ability to analyze fundamental economic processes and events, as well as explain the reasons for their occurrence.
- Gaining practical skills in accounting, control, and financial reporting – the core tools needed for a career in finance and accounting or running a business.
- Learning the language of accounting and finance and gaining the ability to communicate effectively regarding the financial aspects of your business and industry.
What you gain from your studies
- Knowledge regarding internal and external factors influencing the financial condition of international corporations.
- Good command of professional terminology in English, enabling you to freely communicate in the world of international corporate finance.
- The possibility to become a part of the multinational community at Kozminski University and gain an understanding of different cultures through group projects and teamwork.
- Working knowledge related to the activities of a business.
- Skills that enable you to efficiently manage a company.
- Knowledge and skills within your fields of interest through elective courses.
- The possibility to participate in an international exchange program and visit business schools all over the world.
- Knowledge of English business terminology.
- Preparation for further personal and professional development.
Career opportunities after your studies
- An employee of a finance department in an international corporation or a financial institution.
- A mid-level employee in a consulting company.
- Specialist in any department of a company where knowledge of finance and accounting is a must.
- A successful entrepreneur.
- Principles of Finance
- Ethics in Finance and Accounting
- Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- Business Simulation Games
- Corporate and Business Law
- Business English for LCCI
- Foreign language II - German /Polish/Spanish
- Bachelor Seminar
Finance and accounting courses
- Corporate Finance I
- Corporate Finance II
- Valuation & Value-Based Management
- Financial Markets
- Investment and Funds Operations
- Auditing and Management Control
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Financial and Tax Reporting
- Managerial Accounting
- Preparations for Professional Qualifications
- VBA in Finance and Accounting
- Financial Data Analysis
- Econometrics and Research Methods
- Quantitative Methods I
- Quantitative Methods II
- Principles of Management
- Performance Management
- Business Strategy Planning
- Startups and Business Plan
Admission is based on the results of the matriculation exam (matura) in three subjects chosen by the candidate among all of the subjects in the examination.
Qualifying points are calculated based on the percentage of results from the matriculation certificate (nowa matura) as follows:
- 1% at the basic level = 1.5 points
- 1% at the advanced level = 2 points
Grades obtained as a result of the "old matriculation", International Baccalaureate system or a foreign high school diploma are also converted into qualifying points.
Candidates who have reached the minimum level of 330 points will be admitted to Kozminski University programs until the enrollment limit for the chosen program is reached.
During the application process, candidates must submit a complete set of documents including:
- Application form - complete the form online, print and sign the resulting document.
- Original high school diploma or an official duplicate issued by the candidate's high school or a notarized copy.
- Translation of a foreign high school diploma into Polish or English.
- Recognition of the candidate’s high school diploma, if it was obtained abroad (it must be obtained before the end of the first semester of studies).
It does not refer to credentials from EU, OECD, EFTA, and countries with which Poland has agreements on recognition of education (Ukraine, Belarus, Austria, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Libya, Lithuania, Slovakia, China).
- One signed passport photograph.
- Copy of a national ID or passport.
- Proof of payment of the admission fee (non-refundable).
- Certificate confirming proficiency in English (unless the high school courses were taught in English or English is the mother tongue) - e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, CEIBT issued by the University of Cambridge; IELTS (>=6.0 points); TOEFL IBT (>=87 points); TOEIC (at least 700 points from the test); LCCI (English for Business Level 2, 3, 4); London Test of English certificates (PEARSON) - level 3, 4, 5 (certificates Edexcel). Polish citizens who scored at least 95% on the basic level or 80% in the extended level from the English language at the Polish "Matura" examination can be excluded from submitting an English proficiency certificate.
Candidates who obtained their high school diplomas in a foreign country are required to submit a translation of their diploma by a sworn translator and they must also obtain a recognition (before the end of the first semester of studies).
Documents can be submitted at the Admission Office on the campus of Kozminski University, room D/126. We process applications from 4th of February until August (applications from non-EU citizens) and from 4th of February until the end of September (applications from EU-citizens). Applications received afterward will be kept on file and processed within the next application period.
The admission fee for all Bachelor programs delivered in English is 100 PLN.
Payment of the admission fee should be made to the following bank account:
Name of the bank: Pekao S.A. II o/Warszawa
Address: Grzybowska 53/57, Warszawa
Bank account number: 20 1240 1024 1111 0010 1646 0637
SWIFT code: PKOPPLPW
Tuition fee should be transferred to the individual student account which is assigned and sent to the student together with the admission decision.
Foreigners who need a visa to study in Poland are additionally required to make payment of tuition for one full year of studies before we can issue documents necessary in the visa application process i.e. invitation to come to Poland and the admission decision. Admission commission issues a conditional acceptance letter including individual account number to which the payment should be transferred in Polish Złoty (PLN) calculated according to the exchange rates of the National Bank of Poland (www.nbp.pl). In case the candidate is denied, visa tuition is returned. Admission fee is non-refundable.
In case of visa, accommodations and other daily issues please contact our Student Support and Service Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition and Fees
Bachelor Program in Financial Management (full-time)
|Tuition per semester when paid in full
|Tuition per semester in 5 installments
||5 x 2270 PLN
||5 X 530 EUR*
||5 x 604 USD*
* Exchange rates according to NBP table of 2019-01-28: 1 EUR = 4,2885 PLN, 1 USD = 3,7592 PLN
Prices in PLN are applied. If you pay in EURO or USD please note that payments in EUR and USD are recalculated into PLN according to the exchange rate of Millennium Bank based on the day of receipt of payment to the Kozminski University bank account.