The faculty in the Department of Exercise Science, Physical Education, and Wellness believe that individuals and society benefit from physical activity. The mission of the Department is to promote an enhanced quality of life through participation in physical activity, exercise, and sports for the people of Tennessee and beyond. To accomplish this mission, the Department offers:
- a basic instruction program open to the TTU student body (physical activity courses),
- undergraduate degree programs in coaching & sport administration, fitness & wellness,
- physical education licensure, pre-occupational therapy, and pre-physical therapy,
- Program Goal 1: The EXPW Department will offer activity classes of interest outside of the team and individual sports realm to the TTU student body which fulfills the general education and elective requirements.
- Program Goal 2: The EXPW Department will offer degree programs in physical education licensure, pre-occupational therapy, pre-physical therapy, fitness and wellness, and coaching and sports administration.
- Student Learning 1: EXPW majors will demonstrate content knowledge in their chosen concentration.
- Student Learning 2: EXPW majors will be capable of competing for jobs in their chosen field as well as graduate study opportunities
The mission of the College of Education is to provide unique and rigorous, learner-centered academic experiences for our students to achieve their highest potential as life-long learners, professionals, and citizens.
The College of Education will be an empowering force in education.
Prepare effective, engaging professionals through a clinically rich, evidence-based program with a network of mutually beneficial partnerships.
Program taught in: