The general aims of the Environmental Science undergraduate program are to educate the competent specialists and researches in the chosen research and study area. To empower them to develop intellectual competencies in order to be capable to participate in research advancements, to take responsibilities in research and practice developments as well as to disseminate knowledge. The more specific aim of Environmental Science program is to acquire knowledge and develop practical skills required to perform environmental monitoring and assessment, analyze natural and anthropogenic environmental and climate changes, their impact on living organisms and human health, and to ground environmental impact mitigation measures according to the principles of sustainable development.
After completion of this study program students will be able to:
- Define the main natural and anthropogenic components of the environment, their interaction and anthropogenic impact on the environment;
- Explain local, regional and global environmental problems caused by human activity;
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methods to environmental monitoring and assessment of the state of the environment and its anthropogenic changes;
- Analyze short-term and long-term environmental and climate changes, the main trends and their reasons from the point of view of sustainability;
- Summarise the key environmental problems, factors determining them and potential threats to the natural environment and human health.
Ground sustainability-based political, administrative, economic, and technical environmental impact mitigation measures.
The program provides graduates with several general areas:
- Research science positions in laboratories working in environmental quality evaluation and assessment;
- Laboratory and production technician positions in biotechnology, pharmaceutics, food, cosmetics, agriculture, and biochemical industries;
- Companies related to environmental agencies, environmental control, and food industry and safety, biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, health services.
Management positions in the industry and related government institutions.
- Applicants for Environmental Sciences program must have a high school degree diploma (Mathematics and Biology courses have to be included in the curriculum)
- Proof of English Language: B2 (TOEFL 80 iBT/605 PBT, IELTS 5.5)
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,3 + English*0,3 + Mathematics*0,2 + Biology *0,2.
Bachelor and Master Degree students have the possibility to take part in various exchange programs (Bilateral exchange, Erasmus+) for studies and internships and get monthly scholarships of 300 – 700 Euro.
Vytautas Magnus University provides international degree students with a great possibility to choose Minor studies.
- Step 1 – Choose a study program at VMU
- Step 2 – Pay the application fee
- Step 3 – Apply online
- Step 4 – Assess your education documents
- Step 5 – Get ready for an interview with the coordinator of the VMU International Cooperation Department
- Step 6 – Get confirmation of admission
- Step 7 – Sign the Study Contract
- Step 8 – Book accommodation in VMU dormitory
- Step 9 – Pay the tuition fee
- Step 10 – Check information for visa
- Step 11 – Get original documents
- Step 12 – Register for an appointment at Lithuanian Embassy
- Step 13 – Arrange your arrival; get mentor support
- Step 14 – After arrival: register at VMU International Cooperation Department