The aims of the English courses are to help the student learn to write with a high level of accuracy, effectiveness, and fluency; to give emphasis to research techniques, particularly for prospective graduate students in English; and to help the student to develop the ability to read critically and appreciatively the best of English, American, and continental literature.
Core Curriculum Requirements (English)
Core Curriculum: General requirements for all degrees are met by taking ENG 101, 102, and at least three hours (some degrees may require six hours) of a sophomore literature course with an ENG prefix. First-trimester freshmen and first-trimester transfer students must take English composition sequentially.
Students who take a junior-level English course (300 level) must have completed nine hours in English prior to taking a junior-level English course; likewise, students who take a senior-level English course (400 level) must have completed twelve hours in English prior to taking a senior-level English course.
Standards for Admission
- Freshmen Complete the application for undergraduate admissions
- Send in your $40 application fee
- Send in your official ACT or SAT scores
- Send in your official high school transcript
- Send in proof of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) immunizations (must have had one MMR shot in the last ten years or two MMR shots in your lifetime.)
- If you have taken college classes during high school, call the college and ask them to mail us an official and final college transcript.
About the School
William Carey University is a community of learners which seeks to blend faith and learning with living. Within this unique nurturing and challenging environment students prepare to fulfill their div ... Read More