The programme is aimed at preparing specialists in English and one other foreign language and communication for specific purposes (public administration, business and law). The students of the programme acquire general philological education and practical knowledge and skills necessary for the modern-day employment market. The scope of studies covers languages of European communication (English and French/German/Norwegian) or languages of Euro-Asian communication (English and Korean).
Note: Specialization in English for specific purposes and the second foreign language available. More information about the programme here.
The programme graduates are fluent communicators in two foreign languages and are active participants in business communication (take part in business meetings, make oral presentations, draft official documents and letters, translate and edit business texts, etc.); programme graduates ensure smooth cooperation between state institutions and private companies in an international arena.
International Mobility Possibilities
The 2nd and 3rd-year students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives a possibility to study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do an internship in another country. Students of this programme have studied at the universities in Ireland, France, Germany, Spain and have done an internship in the UK, Cyprus and Spain.
The acquired education gives the programme graduates the possibility to work in a wide variety of spheres – culture, education and information institutions (culture, education and information centres, media companies, publishing houses, tourism agencies, translation agencies), international organisations, units of state departments, municipalities and business companies which need specialists who are able to start and develop professional dialogue between representatives of different cultures.
Secondary education (grade in history/foreign language).
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B1 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by a level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
Improve your English!
Are you interested in studying in English, but you do not have a sufficient level of knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in English?
Minor English Language studies are designed for those, who are willing to enter a Bachelor study programme at Mykolas Romeris University but do not have sufficient knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in a foreign language. During the first study year students, who enter a major Bachelor study programme together with minor English language studies, will focus on language studies only. Upon completion of one year Minor English Language studies and reaching sufficient English language proficiency level international students will continue studies on their selected Bachelor study programme at MRU.
One year Minor English Language studies fee – 1800 EUR.
For more information please visit els.mruni.eu
About the School
Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 58 ... Read More