The program in English and Translation is designed to provide students with a high level of communication skills, a scientific knowledge of the English language, a thorough training in translation, and the capacity for appreciating and analyzing literature. It also endows the learner with various skills essential for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). To achieve its goals, the program offers a variety of courses in language, translation, and literature.
The Department of English & Translation seeks to provide high-quality education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. We are committed to teaching and learning in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment, in which constructive dialogue is of primary importance. Our graduates in English & Translation will excel in creative and critical thinking, global communication, personal integrity, and civic responsibility. Our scholarly agenda prioritizes innovation for the benefit of higher education and community in the region and beyond.
The Department of English & Translation aspires to be a leading provider of internationally recognized education and a well-known center for cutting-edge research in English and Translation. We are determined to improve the life of the local and global community through top-class education, innovative scholarship, and responsible leadership.
The program in English & Translation prepares students for the following careers and opportunities:
- School teaching
- Professional translation and interpretation
- Employment in language-related industries such as journalism, editing, copywriting, press relations, and advertising
- Careers in business, government, software development, market data analysis, administration, and sales and marketing.
- Other professions requiring high levels of English language skills, research skills, and critical and analytical abilities.
- Further studies in linguistics, literature, translation, and TEFL.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 11, 2018