The distinctive feature of the English Philology program is the flexibility of the study program providing the opportunity for students to individualize their studies in a way that best suits their interests and abilities.
The program allows students:
- to specialize in different aspects of English linguistics, literature, and culture;
- to choose a minor study program of a different field/ subject offered at Vilnius University;
- to combine different courses in their main field and general university courses offered at Vilnius University.
The English Philology program is committed to teaching comprehensive research skills; individualized instruction and feedback; it also provides an opportunity to choose from three options of internship and professional placement, including translation, teaching, and corpus linguistics/ research. The English Philology program is a student-centered program which fosters their learning motivation, develops competencies necessary for the student in order to meet the needs of social and personal development, and local and global labor market, it also helps students to acquire competencies compatible with their bachelor’s degree and be prepared for further studies or work in a certain area.
A degree in English Philology can lead to successful careers in a wide variety of fields:
Our graduates will be able to find employment in translation, public relations, journalism, teaching, research, literary and film criticism, content editing, marketing, law, economics, working for foreign embassies, government and European Union institutions, etc. They can take leading positions in both – private and public sectors.
An English major can also work as a private tutor or a secondary school teacher, provided he/she holds a teacher’s professional qualification acquired after completing a Minor or a post-diploma study program in subject pedagogy (ESL).
- Matura (school-leaving) certificate;
- English proficiency not lower than level B2 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), prior to admission, all applicants will need to provide certified copies of their academic CAE, PET, IELTS, TOEFL IbT, TOEIC, LRN, or IELCA results.
Students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility program which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner University for 1 or 2 semesters or to do internships abroad.
About the School
Welcome to Vilnius University – the oldest and largest Lithuanian higher education institution. Since its establishment in the 16th century, Vilnius University, as an integral part of European science ... Read More