Cañada College and College of San Mateo have fully accredited Engineering transfer programs. This lower-division program consists of the same courses offered at any four-year college or university at a substantially lower cost, taught by a faculty with considerable industrial experience.
Virtually all our Engineering students have subsequently obtained their degrees at a four-year college or university and have entered the Engineering profession. The College has articulation agreements with engineering departments of UC, C.S.U. and independent colleges and universities.
Engineering is one of the largest professions in the United States with over one million jobs in fields ranging from airplane design to pollution control. The four largest branches of engineering are electrical, mechanical, civil and computer engineering. All branches of engineering place a heavy emphasis on problem solving. Engineering education focuses on teaching scientific and engineering concepts and their application to the creative and effective solution of problems.
Career opportunities for practicing engineers include positions in aerospace, agricultural, architectural, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, industrial, materials, mechanical, and nuclear fields. Most engineers work for manufacturing industries, while a smaller percentage work for federal, state and local government agencies, or as private consultants.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of math, science, and engineering or computer science to identify, formulate, and solve engineering/computer science problems.
- Communicate effectively and work well in situations that require teamwork.
- Design and perform tests or experiments, analyze and interpret data, and prepare a report summarizing the results of the tests or experiments.
- Develop a design or system given a set of requirements and specifications.
- Formulate a plan of study to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computer tools necessary for engineering or computer science practice
Please note that the majority/all of the programs are available at all of our three Colleges.
About the School
San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley include three outstanding fully accredited two-year community colleges: Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College. They are located in the heart of ... Read More