- Requirements: Baccalaureate (or equivalent)
- Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
- Teaching language: English
- Form of studies: Full time
- Professional title for the graduates: Bachelor Diploma and the title of Engineer
The global labour market has an acute demand of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology specialists. It is estimated that only 80% of this demand is covered at the moment.
The curricula of this 4-year full-time programme taught in English was designed in partnership with companies. Teaching and learning are based on modern methods, especially with respect to practical activities. At the end of the programme you will:
- have comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of electronic engineering;
- have practical skills for manufacturing electronic equipment;
- be aware of the most recently developed techniques and devices in the design of electronic equipment;
- be accustomed to information and computer technology;
- have adequate knowledge of economics and business management, enabling you to take part directly in industrial activities or to work as a manager;
- learn foreign languages to prepare for a study/placement abroad or for taking part in international cooperation and research programmes;
- have knowledge of humanities and enhanced professional inter-communication skills.
The first and second year are for studying fundamentals and general training. You will study:
- Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Computer practice and programming
- Computers Networks Architecture
- Signal processing and Systems, Digital processing systems
- Optoelectronic and electronic devices
- Analogue and digital integrated circuits
- Electrical circuits, High frequencies techniques and electromagnetic wave
The third and fourth year include subjects for further specialization:
- Radio communications
- Programmable Logic Systems
- Electronic equipment testing
- Power electronics
- Virtual instrumentation
- Electronic instrumentation
- Information theory and coding
- Digital Telephony
- Embedded systems
- Audio and Video systems
- Modelling and simulation
- Electronic packaging
- Image processing
- Wireless communications
Electronics, Telecommunication and Information Technology at Politehnica University Timisoara
The late Prof. Remus Răduleţ, member of the Romanian Academy, introduced the study of Electronics at Politehnica University Timisoara in 1931. In 1970, the specialization on "Electronics and Telecommunications" was established within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. In 1976, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering moved its headquarters to the present building where the number of laboratories and other facilities increased substantially and a new specialization was created, Communications. This English-taught programme was introduced in 2006, and has produced hundreds of specialists for companies in Romania and abroad.
Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology graduates have good career perspectives. At the local level – in Timisoara and the Timis county – there are large companies that require specialists in this field (Continental, Flextronics, Alcatel, Hella, Elster, OCE, Saguaro, Lasting) as well as over 350 small and medium-sized with electronic profile. At national and international level graduates can be employed in industry, the telecommunications sector, the energy sector, the construction sector, in information systems related positions, as well as in consultancy services to name just a few.
Tuition fees, scholarships and deadlines:
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: 3600 RON (approx. 800 EUR)/ academic year
- Citizens of all other countries: 2430 EUR/ academic year
A list of scholarship programmes for prospective and current students is available on request.
- Citizens of the European Union, EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and the Swiss Confederation: first round of registrations between July 17th and July 22th 2017; second round – September 2017. Please note that applicants from these countries must be in Timisoara and pass a mathematics exam on July 25th in order to be able to enroll at UPT.
- Citizens of other countries: application deadline on July 30th;
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018