TOBB ETÜ Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program, founded in 2004 gave its first graduates in 2008. There are currently 11 faculties in the department. The faculty does research mostly in the areas of microelectronics, control, communications, signal processing, biomedicals, optics/photonics, and smart grid.
In order to qualify for the program, the student must pass or obtain an exemption from the English Preparatory Program (requires 61 from TOEFL IBT or 500 from TOEFL ITP). The first three terms of the program provide background in mathematics and basic science. Departmental courses start in the third semester. An academic year at TOBB ETÜ consists of three semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer). After the fifth semester, the students take their first Cooperative Education. Cooperative Education (Coop) is a semester-long internship program with payment and insurance. After returning from their first Coop, students continue the programme in a one-term course - one term internship pattern until graduation. The program lasts for 11 semesters, three of which are for Coop semesters. In the last two course semesters, students have to take 4-5 departmental, 1-2 technical and one non-technical elective in order to gain deeper knowledge in the areas they desire. The program culminates in a Senior Design Project course, where the students apply their knowledge on an extensive project.
The purpose of the B.S. Program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is to educate successful engineers that are capable of leadership and are strong in adapting to the ever-changing world. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program Qualifications
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability).
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively in English and in Turkish.
- The broad education, necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Students who complete the department are entitled to receive a bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Requirements and Rules of the Degree Earned
Graduation requirements are defined according to Article 45 of the Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulation. For graduation the student should a) successfully complete 287 ECTS credits including the three Cooperative Education semesters within the maximum allowable time period b) obtain a GPA of 2.00/4.00.
Registration Admission Requirements
- The student quota of our undergrad programs is determined by the board of regents after a suggestion by the Senate and subject to the approval of the Higher Education Council (YÖK).
- The acceptance of candidate students is according to the ÖSYM exam scores. The acceptance of foreign students is carried out according to the rules determined by the Senate.
- Acceptance of horizontal and vertical transfer students and special/guest/exchange students are regulated by the departmental and faculty administrative boards according to Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulation.
The style of education is Full-Time and Day-Time. Most of the courses are given in classrooms. Only the TÜR 101, 102 Turkish and AİT 201,202 Principles of Atatürk and History of Revolution courses are given by distance education methods.
Graduation requirements are defined according to Article 45 of the Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulation. For graduation the student should a) successfully complete the 287 ECTS credits including the three Cooperative Education semesters within the maximum allowable time period b) obtain a GPA of 2.00/4.00.
About the School
Turkey Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Economics and Technology University (TOBB ETU) was established by TOBB qualified to educate entrepreneurs and community leaders. Our university, whi ... Read More