Acad. year: 2020/2021
Type of study programme: Bachelor's
Kód studijního programu: B0788A060001
Udělovaný akademický titul: Bc.
Language of instruction: English
Accreditation: 28.5.2019 - 27.5.2029
Profile of the programme: Academically oriented
Mode of study: Full-time study
Standard study length: 3 years
Programme supervisor: doc. Ing. Miloslav Steinbauer, Ph.D.
Degree Programme Board
doc. Ing. Miloslav Steinbauer, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Petr Toman, Ph.D., prof. Ing. Jarmila Dědková, CSc., doc. Ing. Ondřej Vítek, Ph.D., doc. Ing. Petr Bača, Ph.D., doc. Ing. Jiří Háze, Ph.D., prof. Ing. Jiří Mišurec, CSc., prof. Ing. Tomáš Kratochvíl, Ph.D., doc. Ing. Václav Jirsík, CSc.
Study Aims: Bachelor's degree program "Electrical Engineering" offers a university degree in electrical engineering with specialization in electronics and communication systems and with specialization in the field of electrical engineering and automation. The aim of the study program is to provide candidates with qualified knowledge, skills and abilities for use in the manufacturing, service or service engineering of the electrical industry.
The student is expected to acquire high quality theoretical knowledge of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, basics of electronics related subjects, communication systems, power engineering and automation. Emphasis is also placed on general and professional language training.
The general-purpose higher education program provides a good basis for further complementing the theoretical knowledge in an electrical engineering related follow-up Master program.
Graduate profile: The Bachelor's degree programme Electrical Engineering provides higher education in all branches of low-current and heavy-current electrical engineering and electronics, including various fields of applied electronics, microelectronics, communication technologies and instruments, power engineering, electrical and electronic technology, and control and measurement. The programme is centered on educating electrical engineers and electronics exports having knowledge and skills within the design, engineering, operation, and application of electrical and electronic circuits, equipment, and systems.
At graduation, a student will have become acquainted with theoretical principles and special problems of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, measurement, and applied information technology; particulars of the practical design, operation, and application of advanced electronic circuits and systems within low-current electronics and electronic communication technologies; elements of telecommunications as well as electric machinery, devices, drives, actuators, and power electronics; properties and options associated with materials for electrical engineering and microelectronics; and approaches to the diagnostics of relevant materials and equipment.
The graduates will be able to
- characterize technical systems and processes in electrical engineering;
- evaluate the results of calculations and measurements, based on critical thinking and the knowledge acquired during their studies;
- estimate and propose appropriate procedures to solve technical problems.
The graduate skills include
- applying basic and professional knowledge to solve specific problems or requirements within
- electrical engineering;
- selecting appropriate criteria to design and develop technical systems in electrical engineering;
- selecting appropriate criteria to set up and control technical processes in electrical engineering;
- solving a technical problem via the acquired knowledge of methods and by using suitable engineering instruments;
- evaluating the economic, social, and environmental impacts of technical solutions;
- commitment to further learning, education, and professional development.
Profession characteristics: The general knowledge of electrical engineering will enable graduates from the Bachelor’s programme BPA-ELE to find jobs in various subdomains of the electrical industry, especially as
- communication operators and specialists on the operation, servicing, and maintenance of electronic devices or systems;
- engineers and technicians responsible for designing, developing, and administering information and communication systems;
- technicians to operate measuring, control, and automation systems;
- operating professionals (such as energy experts) in trading and other companies, not limited to electrical engineering;
- specialists in the design, development, and production of electrical and electronic apparatuses or instruments, including devices with embedded intelligence.
In all these fields , the graduates will be fully capable of entering the lower management levels and corresponding technical ranks: The markedly practical character of the study programme will enable them to directly transfer to technical manufacturing, operation, and servicing or maintenance sectors, providing a very good basis for further knowledge development within the related post-bachelor Master’s study.
Availability for the disabled: The graduates may continue in a master's study programme.
What degree programme types may have preceded: The graduates may continue in a master's study programme
About the School
Brno University of Technology (BUT) is the largest technical/engineering university in the Czech Republic (21 000 students, 8 faculties, 3 university institutes) and one of the leading teaching and re ... Read More