Electric Generating Stations
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering was established in 1930. Leading professors with PhD degrees or Doctor of Science degrees train students to become skilled personnel in the field of power and electrical engineering.
About the University (history, modern improvements, school mission, awards/accreditations)
Established in 1914 Samara State Technical Universityis committed to the purity of science, research and innovation. Our Aimis to facilitate market needs in the areas which we specialize with students equipped with directly applicable skills. And we can honestly say that university alumni successfully put into practice acquired knowledge.
Nowadays the University embraces 3 main campuses, 17 educational buildings, 8 dormitories, more than 50 research centers, 2 sport complexes and 3 recreation centres.
The University is licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation to implement the educational activity in the field of higher education (License № 1938 from 17 February 2016). The University is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (State Accreditation Certificate № 1676 from 22 January 2016).
Things that make the program special
The program objective is to develop the community of future professionals who are able to ensure the reliability of electrical enterprises and their sustainable development through continuous innovation.
Seminars, trainings, research work and practical workshops are held with the participation of representatives of electrical companies that allows the students to obtain unique theoretical and practical knowledge and skills.
Outcome for graduates
After completion of this course graduates know the techniques and methods for the production, transmission, distribution, transformation and use of electrical energy, for energy flows control. They know how to develop and manufacture elements, devices and systems that implement the above-mentioned processes.
Types of professional activities of graduates
- Industrial and technological activity;
- Administration and management,
- Research and development;
- Installation and commissioning;
- Service and operation
The Application procedure for the program ends on August 19th
The Application procedure for the program starts on June 1st
- Fill in an Application Form
- Email the Application Form, a copy of your passport and copies of your educational documents in English or in Russian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for the official reply from the University ( about 2-3 weeks )
- Translate and notarize your educational documents in the Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country
- Apply for a Student Visa in your country
- Upon arrival to Samara submit all the original documents
- Sign the Contract and pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year Applicants who do not speak Russian are enrolled for the one-year Preparatory course, take an exam of the Russian language and after that submit the documents for the degree program.
Entry requirements (language, previous degree or training, etc.)
List of documents:
- International passport
- Migration Card (you'll get it at the Russian cross-border control)
- 6 colour photos (size 3 x 4)
- Educational documents (high school certificate) and their certified copies, translated into Russian and notarised by a certified solicitor in the home country of the candidate.
- a certificate of health, issued by the official body of the home country and the original medical certificate that proves HIV-negative result taken within the last 30 days
Length of program
4 years of full-time study
126200 rubles per year
International applicants have an opportunity to receive the scholarships from the Russian Government. To apply for such scholarships you should contact the Representative office of Rossotrudnichestvo in the country of your residence.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017