Economics is everywhere, you encounter it every day. The English-taught Bachelor’s Programme in Economics and Business Economics might fit you if you are interested in questions like:
- Why are some countries rich and other poor?
- What are the benefits of the euro as the principal currency in Europe?
- How can we make health care affordable?
- Why do people start their own company?
- How can subsidies and taxes help reduce pollution?
If you choose to study Economics and Business Economics in Utrecht, you choose a broad-based view on economic issues: the real-world perspective. What are the needs and objectives of people and organisations in our complex society? What choices do they make in order to fulfil their needs and achieve their objectives? To find the right answers to these questions we analyse economic issues with the insights of other fields such as Geography, Law, Social Sciences, and Data Science.
International learning environment
Your insights will be enriched by the international learning environment offered by the Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.). Students come from more than 50 different countries. The programme crosses multiple borders: language borders, geographical borders, and the borders of other disciplines.
The vast majority of U.S.E. graduates enrol in Master’s programmes in Economics at Utrecht University School of Economics. Of course, you can also choose to go elsewhere in the Netherlands or abroad. After the Master's programme, Utrecht economists often find jobs as:
- Advisors or consultants in multinationals;
- Investors or project developers in banks or other financial firms;
- Policy roles in governmental organisations, such as a ministry, the provincial authorities, employers' associations, trade unions or European bodies;
A small number of graduates become scientific researchers, entrepreneurs, university lecturers, or teachers.
Studying Economics in Utrecht opens the door to a wide range of careers!
More than 15.000 graduates of Utrecht University live outside the Netherlands and this figure is set to increase in the years ahead.
About the School
Founded in 1636, Utrecht University is an esteemed international research university, consistently positioned number one in The Netherlands, 14th in continental Europe and the worldwide top 100 of int ... Read More