Economics and Management (E&M) is a three-year degree program focusing on the acquisition of multidisciplinary expertise in economics, management, accounting and statistics. Its purpose is to prepare students to understand how firms work and operate in the increasingly complex social and economic environment they face.
Graduates in Economics and Management will be able to understand economic and financial phenomena and their effects on markets and firms; they will acquire all the core skills required for analyzing the firm’s behavior and for designing the firm’s optimal strategy. Economics and Management graduates will also achieve the necessary background and skills to successfully progress to postgraduate courses in Italy and elsewhere. At the University of Siena they will have the opportunity to apply for MSc in Accounting and Management (AMa), MSc in Economics and Finance and MSc in Economics; all of which are taught in English.
The program will provide students with
- management and accounting skills that will enable them to address and solve business problems and to prepare and analyze accounting reports;
- the ability to use quantitative and statistical tools in order to analyze firm behavior, market environments and consumer demand;
- the ability to use theoretical and quantitative tools in order to understand the trends of the main economic and financial variables and to frame firm behavior in the national and international macroeconomic context;
- the ability to deal with market economies and related phenomena, from both a strictly economic point of view and in terms of social implications;
- the capability to support small and medium firms in entering international markets and in properly facing the challenges of globalization.
International students can apply to Italian Universities only if they have an educational qualification that allows them to enroll. This qualification of secondary education has to be awarded after a study period of at least 12 years. If the educational qualification has been awarded in less than 12 years, it has to be accompanied by the academic certification of the examinations taken or a post-secondary title to compensate for any missing years of secondary education.
For this purpose the University of Siena, in collaboration with the University for Foreigners of Siena, has established a Foundation Year, to fill a possible gap between the different schooling systems.
To apply to a Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) program, you must hold a secondary school qualification released after a minimum of 12 years of schooling (overall).
It verifies the validity of it and can allow access to first cycle programs if:
- It is the official final secondary school leaving certificate/the first and second cycle university qualifications from the relevant foreign system;
- qualification that allows entry to comparable first cycle program (ex. academic) in the relevant foreign system; qualification that allows entry to comparable second or third cycle program in the relevant foreign higher education system;
- qualification obtained after an itinerary of at least 12 years of schooling.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 18, 2018