The necessity for the creation of a BSc in Digital Business is based on the fact that in most business sectors, such as banks, retail, hotels, music and bookings, products, services, and marketing have become increasingly digital. This digital revolution has transformed the very nature of these industries and the way businesses are competing and advertising, but also the way they price their products. Future executives and managers should understand both the economics, business practices, and core elements of the underlying technology.
The BSc in Digital Business aims to provide a gateway for students who have a “globally entrepreneurial mindset” for international careers in 21st century digitized businesses. This unique program will be one of the few in the world in which students will focus on learning how to manage digital systems and how to use these systems to make data-based decisions, to guide complex and diverse teams in digital projects, and finally, how to recruit new talent. More specifically, the Bachelor in Digital Business aims to:
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge towards enabling students to manage digital businesses and operate in the contemporary digital environment.
- Introduce students to the importance of digital marketing for digital businesses and enable them to use digital marketing tools for building a marketing strategy.
- Develop knowledge in using new technologies, software, web applications, and digital communication networks.
- Provide an understanding of the digital transformation of business and how the contemporary political, economic, and social context impact digital businesses.
- Provide knowledge in research methods and techniques useful to develop research projects and independent study.
- Present and explain the principles of business management, global entrepreneurship, finance, and accounting, equipping students with skills for working in digital business or creating and running their own digital business.
- Explain the risks related to cybersecurity and provide knowledge on how they can operate in a safe and secure manner.
- Develop students’ professional skills and ethical behavior while enabling them to work in groups effectively, respecting diversity, communicating clearly with others, developing self-management, and providing solutions to real-life problems.
Upon completing the BSc in Digital Business, students are expected to be able to:
- PLO1: Gain theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of digital business and understand the modern trends of the digital business transformation.
- PLO2: Achieve competencies in the analysis of the digital business strategy, leadership and financing, and understand the contemporary political, economic, and social context of the digital business environment.
- PLO3: Understand and implement key concepts related to digital marketing, including consumer behavior, e-commerce marketing, and social media marketing.
- PLO4: Analyse, design, and manage systems used by digital businesses; computers, databases, big data, and communication networks.
- PLO5: Gain knowledge in applying ICT methods and tools, and implement, control, and maintain computer programs used by digital businesses.
- PLO6: Develop knowledge in research methods and undertake research projects on relevant topics and issues.
- PLO7: Understand and use digital technology and architecture in operating a digital business and recognize the importance of disruptive technologies, web applications, and software management, including digital business issues of cybersecurity.
- PLO8: Develop communication skills both verbally, and in writing, to effectively communicate with clients and suppliers, and communicate the requirements, specifications, and design of products or services.
- PLO9: Collaborate effectively in diverse groups and work as a member of a team in real-life problem-solving issues.
- PLO10: Understand the significant role of professional and ethical behavior in the business world and digital businesses.
In order to be admitted into the BSc in Digital Business, candidates must possess a Secondary School Certificate with a grade no less than 14/20 or equivalent, or an International Baccalaureate Diploma with at least 26 points, or any other equivalent secondary education diploma. The general admission criteria are based on the type and quality of previous studies, the grade obtained in previous studies, and the suitability of the candidate for the BSc in Digital Business of study that has been applied for.
The Program Coordinator will be actively involved in the review of applications and his approval will be required before admitting any student into the Bachelor in Digital Business.
A student who applies for the Bachelor in Digital Business should submit the following documents:
- Application form
- ID/Passport copy
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- English language certificate
- Two passport photos
Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Methods
The Bachelor’s teaching methodology involves a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, examinations, projects, presentations, assignments, case-study applications, and independent research. In addition, it is designed to provide an academic experience going beyond that of the traditional classroom, in which the flow of information is primarily from the instructor to the student. The intention of the Bachelor in Digital Business is that each participant will contribute to the education of the entire class through active participation in the learning procedure. The BSc in Digital Business follows a student-centered strategy based on a mix of various active learning techniques aiming to embed real-life scenarios and theoretical knowledge to the Bachelor’s core of activities towards equipping students with necessary professional skills and up-to-date knowledge in the field of digital business. For this reason, formative assessments (not graded) and simulation games have been included and mapped in each syllabus. In addition, the BSc in Digital Entrepreneurship is included in the NUP initiative entitled Neapolis Experiential Studying Tasks-NEST, which aims for the summative assignments to be built in collaboration with our external network of businesses and organizations. Moreover, the learning experience is advanced by working on simulation games in order to understand the real-life needs of digital businesses.
30% or 40% of the students’ final grade in each course corresponds to their performance in the midterm assessment and other interactive graded activities, whereas 60% or 70% – respectively to midterm assessment – corresponds to their performance in the final exams. In order to secure a passing grade in a course, students need to secure a passing grade (i.e. 50% or higher) in all assessment components.
The total duration of studies in BSc in Digital Business is eight academic semesters. Each course lasts for an academic semester. For the successful completion of their studies, students need to sum up in a total of 240 ECTS.
The BSc in Digital Business is structured as follows:
- ECON101 Principles of Microeconomics
- BUSN100 Introduction to Business
- MATH103 Introduction to Mathematics
- CS111 Introduction to Computer Science
- CS112 Programming Principles I
- CS124 Management of Information Systems
- BUSN203 Business Finance
- STAT103 Statistics I
- BUSN104 Principles of Marketing
- ECON102 Principles of Macroeconomics
- DBA201 Digital Business
- DBA202 Digital Economy
- BUSN207 Marketing Management
- BUSN301 Human Resource Management
- CS233 Linear Algebra
- ACCN203 Financial Analysis and Business Valuation
- BUSN103 Business Law
- CS232 Communication networks
- BUSN303 Small Business Management
- BUSN412 Research Methods
- BUSN302 Consumer Behavior
- DBA304 Digital Leadership
- DBA301 Disruptive Technologies
- DBA306 Social Media Management
- ACCN401 Corporate Governance & Business Ethics (Elective)
- DBA205 Trading Technology (Elective)
*In the 5th semester, students have to choose one of the two electives.
- DBA303 Digital Marketing
- DBA305 Entrepreneurship Digitalization
- DBA302 Global Enterprise: Culture, Management, and Digitalisation
- CS363 Principles of Cybersecurity
- CSE05 Data Science and Big Data (Elective)
- CSE03 Distributed Ledger Technologies (Elective)
- CS352 Software Project Management (Elective)
*In the 6th semester, students have to choose one of the three electives.
- DBA404 E-Commerce
- BUSN401 Business Strategy
- DBA403 Social Media Marketing
- BUSN408 Business Decision-Making (Elective)
- DBA401 Entrepreneurship Finance (Elective)
- BUSN411 Placement (Elective)
*In the 7th semester, students have to choose either BUSN411 or the other two electives.
- BUSN408 Project Management
- DBA403 Web Application Technologies
- DBA401 Digital Innovation Management
- BUSN411 Dissertation
About the School
Neapolis University in Cyprus is a young yet dynamic, fast-growing university operating since 2010 in the heart of the charming town of Pafos, on the west coast of the island of Cyprus, offering under ... Read More