CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS ENGINEERING
Construction Materials Engineering focuses on the mechanism of the interaction among the material components in construction materials mixture; the response of the materials used in the construction structure; the interaction and response of the materials when subjected to external forces and environment.
Construction Materials Engineers are responsible for the research, specification, design and development of materials to advance technologies and products of many kinds.
The career opportunities for students graduating with the Construction Materials Degrees are various. Some employers, but not restricted to, are as following:
- State-own agencies related to construction materials.
- Engineering consulting firms in the private sector (domestic and foreign.
- Construction material factories.
Construction Materials Engineers may involve in various tasks which depend on the industry and material they work with and the size of the organization they work for. Some common tasks are listed, but not limit to, below:
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes;
- Testing materials to assess for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability);
- Developing prototypes;
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials;
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process;
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures.
OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER TO OUR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Students have 2 options:
Students study at B.K.U. for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by B.K.U..
After completing 02 years at B.K.U., students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
B.K.U. is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by B.K.U.
- Training duration: 04 years at B.K.U.
- Campus: B.K.U. campus (For more information about B.K.U. campus, please visit our campus)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 29, 2018