CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS ENGINEERING
Construction Materials Engineering focuses on the mechanism of the interaction among the material components in construction materials mixture; the response of the materials used in the construction structure; the interaction and response of the materials when subjected to external forces and environment.
Construction Materials Engineering provides info on the mechanism of the interaction among the material components in construction materials mixture
Construction Materials Engineers are responsible for the research, specification, design and development of materials to advance technologies and products of many kinds.
The career opportunities for students graduating with the Construction Materials Degrees are various. Some employers, but not restricted to, are as following:
- State-own agencies related to construction materials.
- Engineering consulting firms in the private sector (domestic and foreign).
- Construction material factories.
Construction Materials Engineers may involve in various tasks which depend on the industry and material they work with and the size of the organization they work for. Some common tasks are listed, but not limit to, below:
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes;
- Testing materials to assess for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability);
- Developing prototypes;
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials;
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process;
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures.
OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER TO OUR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University.
After completing 02 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT-Bach Khoa University is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Construction Materials Engineering awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Campus: HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus (For more information about HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus, please visit our campus)
List of Courses
|Numerical Methods||Science & Technology of Materials|
|Mechanics of Structures||Heat Insulating & Finishing Material Technology|
|Construction Materials||Structural Testing|
|Engineering Geology||Precast Concrete Technology|
|Soil Mechanics||Corrosion of Reinforced Concrete Structures|
|Fluid Mechanics||Cement Technology|
|Steel Structures||Reinforced Concrete Structures|
|Principals of Construction Economics and Management||Finite Element Method|
|Constructions Economics and Laws||Dynamic of Structures|
|Vietnamese Language||Prestressed Concrete Structures|
|Reinforced Concrete Structures||Architecture|
|Foundation Engineering||Maintenance, Repair & Renovation of Structures|
|Concrete Technology||Tall Building|
|Ceramics Technology||Urban Planning|
|Advance Testing of Construction Materials||Steel Structures|
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 25, 2018