The Computer Systems and Software program is dedicated to those who want to be fluent in modern methods of software development, network technologies of different scale and management information systems for different purposes.
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Within three to five years of obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Systems and Software at Kazakh-British Technical University, we expect our graduates to achieve all or most of the following milestones in that they will be:
- Experienced, technically competent and successful professionals in the field of application software and system development with a solid foundation in computer science and hands-on skills in creating and integrating software systems which will enable them to apply a range of different approaches to tackling complex technical problems in a range of industrial settings.
- Productive members and leaders of application software and system design and development teams, capable of functioning independently, professionally and effectively as they apply the conceptual knowledge and engineering skills gained during their stints at KBTU as well as later on in their careers in various software and system development related projects in their respective workplaces.
- Technology pioneers who make qualified and well-informed decisions in solving complex technical problems whose solutions are significantly beneficial to Kazakhstan, and perhaps who even go on to become entrepreneurs by successfully launching startups that add value to the economy and provide employment opportunities to others, thereby benefiting society at large.
- Lifelong learners who in a formal sense will go on to enroll in, and successfully graduate from, more advanced graduate and professional education and certification programs that are nationally and/or internationally recognized in engineering, science or business, and who, more informally, are and will remain wise enough to diagnose, analyze and remedy the gaps or deficits in their own knowledge bases over time by gleaning what they can from the environment on their own.
Student Outcomes are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in their matriculation through the program.
- To Understand – To understand the mathematical and physical foundations of Computer Systems and Software and how these are used in the process of design and programming of computer systems. An understanding that knowledge of computer systems and software should be applied in an ethically responsible manner for the good of society.
- To Question – To critically evaluate alternate assumptions, approaches, procedures, tradeoffs, and results related to software engineering problems.
- To Design – To design a variety of computer-based components and systems for applications including database design and management; software environments; microelectronics and digital design devices, software project management systems, computer-aided design.
- To Lead – To lead teams of project designers and developers; to participate in the various roles in a team and understand how they contribute to accomplishing the task at hand.
- To Communicate – To use written and oral communications to document work and present project results and have a high proficiency level in English.
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Programming Technologies
- Higher Mathematics I, II
- English I, II
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Object-oriented Programming
- Foundations of Web Programming
- Operating Systems
- Basic Circuit Theory
- Digital Design
- Discrete Math (IT-oriented)
- Information Theory
- Electives (3 courses)
- Internet Technologies
- User Interface Design
- Computer Networks
- Architecture of Computer Systems
- Software Engineering
- Electives (6 courses)
- Basics of Information Security
- Electives (6 courses)
- Programming in Oracle I, II
- Parallel Programming
- Distributed Computations
- High-performance Computations
- Expert Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- IT Assurance Services and Auditing
- Innovation and Tech. Management and Entrepreneurship
- Internal Controls in Business Processes
- Invited Industry Speaker Seminar Series
- Audit and Compliance in IS
- ACM ICPC Programming Contest 1,2
- Development of Corporate Applications
- UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- System Programming
- Computer Graphics
- High-performance Microprocessor Systems
- Multimedia Technologies
- Dependable Systems
- e-Business and e-Commerce
- Advanced Software Design
- Software Project Management for Oil&Gas
- 1С: Accounting
- 1C: Trade and Warehouse
The success of our graduates for several years has demonstrated their high caliber and the quality education they possess in IT. Within their professional portfolio, one can also find such qualities as broad-minded outlook, professional knowledge, and practical skills, analytical thinking, and effective teamwork. We sincerely hope that our students will maintain the same level and succeed further in conquering the heights of professionalism and excellence.
Address: Almaty, Tole Bi St., 59, 332 cab.
Phone: +7 (727) 2725615, 2725129
About the School
KBTU considers its mission to provide high-quality education for future leaders in business and industry, to promote innovative technologies and research in the most advanced and prospective areas of ... Read More