As this program is taught entirely in Portuguese, candidates must be able to speak and write Portuguese or be willing to learn the language.
The 1st cycle of studies in Computer Sciences has the mission to offer an advanced education in the field of Information Technology, directed toward the acquisition of skills in programming and design and management of information systems, including the phases of specification, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and systems. In order to achieve the proposed goals, the following objectives are established:
- Qualify and train: professional in Information Technologies applied to organizations, including mastering of the IT science areas and the strategic planning of Information Technology in organizations.
- Develop and stimulate: critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, organizational planning, ability to work in groups and decision-making capacity.
- Train: for the integration of knowledge; the strategic application of technologies in organizations, taking into consideration the global strategy of the product/service of the organization itself; for the communication of knowledge and results to specialists and non-specialists.
- Promote: the contact of the student with the labour world in an initial stage of his training, through the participation of students in cooperation protocols with public and private organizations, under internship or summertime internship.
Employers most common of graduates in IT Management are the government (in its various sectors), industry, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and large firms, consulting firms, banks and investment firms, telecommunications companies and educational institutions. Regarding job opportunities, they include, but is not limited to, the following career opportunities:
- Developing Applications
- Analysis and Management Systems
- Analysis and Management Systems Databases
- IT Consulting
- Consulting Systems Integration
- Project Management Software
- Quality Management
- Teaching and Research
International candidates must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- To hold a qualification that gives them the right to apply and access to higher education in the country where it was obtained. The document to be submitted must state the final classification and must be validated by the competent authority of that country.
- To hold a diploma of Portuguese secondary education or an equivalent degree. The latter case requires the submission of a document that proofs the equivalence of the non-Portuguese course to the Portuguese education system, stating the final classification.
The following applies only to local Portuguese candidates:
Final classification from Secondary School 50%
Classification of the Admission Exam 50%
List of admission exams (national exams in the following disciplines):
- 19 Mathematics A
- 10 Descriptive Geometry and 19 Mathematics A
- 18 Portuguese and 19 Mathematics A
(From this list, one exam is sufficient)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017