Scholarships available until September 30th, 2020
“We believe that everyone with the desire and qualifications to study at IUBH should have the opportunity to do so. Therefore, all applicants by September 30th, 2020 will receive a 2.500€ scholarship from IUBH University of Applied Sciences. The amount of scholarships is limited and only available for the first 100 accepted applicants. Apply today and receive the scholarship!”
Due to COVID-19, all lectures at IUBH University of Applied Sciences will occur in a virtual classroom until further notice. We aim to ensure that the current special circumstances will not result in students being disadvantaged in their course of study.
Today, we are living through a time of progressive cyber-physical convergence, with the lines between “online” and “offline” becoming more and more blurred. With the field of Computer Science in a state of constant evolution, and in turn, changing the world around us, software and hardware engineers alike find themselves in ever-greater demand.
The Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at IUBH is designed to train students in the fundamentals of the field, while also teaching them the practical application of these scientific principles. Graduates from the program will be able to understand and develop a variety of IT systems, with a strong focus on software technologies.
They will also explore such cutting-edge and timely topics as AI, cloud computing, and more. Via the unique combination of theoretical foundations and practical skills that this program imparts, students will be given a competitive advantage in the market, dually familiarised with the basics of software development as well as the management and maintenance of software.
Facts & Figures
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)||on Campus||6 semesters||
Bad Honnef: September
|1 semester in Germany or abroad||1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)||from 5,500 EUR per semester||High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills|
What our students say about Germany
What you will learn from us
The Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is designed to prepare you for a career in one of the most important knowledge-sectors of the future corporate world:
- You will acquire foundational competencies and skills in software development and maintenance, as well as in software management.
- You will be introduced to contemporary topics in the Computer Science industry, such as data science, AI, and more.
- You will learn to identify and leverage growth opportunities with the aid of the latest technological developments and innovations, from cloud computing to blockchain.
Course of study at a glance
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Principles of Research and Academic Writing
- Mathematics I
- Software Development I
- Programming Workshop I: OOP
- Mathematics II
- Software Development II
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Programming Workshop II: Web
- Database Modeling and Database Systems
- Programming Workshop III: Data
- Requirements Engineering
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Algorithms, Data Structures, and Programming Languages
- IT-Service Management
- Elective (see list below)
- Theoretical Computer Science and Mathematical Logic
- Introduction to Data Protection and Cyber Security
- Career Development
- Project: Software Engineering
- Elective (see list below)
- Seminar: Current Topics in Computer Science
- Bachelor Thesis & Colloquium
Choose your Electives
The B.Sc. in Computer Science allows you to choose two of eight electives in which to specialize.
- Big Data and Cloud Technologies
- Information Systems Management
- Computer Science & Society
- IT project and architecture management
- Practical Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Software Engineering
During your internship, you can use your academic knowledge outside of your studies. You will also get to know the industry better – which provides the perfect foundation for choosing your career. The internship is firmly integrated into your studies so of course, you do not lose any time.
- You can take your internship in Germany or abroad.
- The internship usually lasts five to six months.
- Make your first contacts in the industry.
- Enrich your CV with an important position.
- Use the opportunity to be hired by the company after graduation.
You spend your 7th semester abroad at one of our partner universities. We support you in the search for a suitable partner university and in preparations for your stay abroad.
The staff of the International Office can inform you about the admission requirements of the partner universities and provide valuable orientation for a successful semester abroad.
- During your studies, both in Germany and abroad, you can significantly improve your language skills and earn additional ECTS credits.
- Gain intercultural experience, broaden your horizons, and get to know new cultures and people.
With a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, you will be one of the most sought-after specialists in business, industry, the public sector, and government organizations. After you graduate, you will work as:
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the planning, design, and development of database applications. Ensuring accessibility and maintaining data security will also be one of your tasks. You will regularly test databases and associated programs to identify any errors to be corrected, alterations to be made, and security measures to be implemented.
As a Software Developer, you will design, implement, and modify computer programs. This can involve both application software ie. software intended for the general public and commercial purposes, and system software ie. software that ensures the smooth and efficient functioning of computer systems.
As a Web Developer, you will create and maintain websites. You will oversee the technical structure of the website (back-end) and/or the visual layout and content (front-end). Web Developers often act as "webmasters" and are responsible for ensuring that websites function properly.
Computer and Information Research Scientist
As a Computer and Information Research Scientist (Computer Scientist for short) you will analyze complex problems in a variety of areas, including business, science, medicine, in order to develop computer-aided solutions. Computer Scientists are theorists, designers and inventors all in one, and help influence the future of companies via innovative technologies and computer systems.
About the School
IUBH Campus Studies at IUBH University of Applied Sciences offers on-campus degree programs that have a strong international focus: all courses are taught in English, the curriculum is aligned to the ... Read More