The program ranks top 1% of ESI in the world.
School of Information Science and Engineering has 4 big data research centers on campus, which have undertaken national high-tech projects and specialized in the fields of AI, software engineering, network information service, cloud computing, and big data. The students have made outstanding achievements in various international and domestic competitions, and have been shortlisted in the International Finals of ACM programming competition for three times. The school has established 2+2 and 3+2 international exchange programs with renowned universities like the University of Nottingham, the University of Illinois in Chicago, the University of Victoria, etc.
The program is dedicated to training seniors who are competent in computer science research, computer system design, development, and application, etc.
- Chinese Government Scholarship（Type A）
- Shanghai Government Scholarship（Type B, Partial Scholarship）
- Shanghai Government Scholarship（1+4 foundation plus undergraduate program）
- CIE Dean Scholarship
- Copy of passport
- High School Diploma
- Transcripts of all high school courses or results of international standardization test (A-LEVEL/IB/IGCSE/AP/SAT/ACT/BC/UEC/STPM etc.)
- Certificate of language proficiency (HSK 4 or above for Chinese-taught program, IELTS of 5.5/TOEFL of 60 or above for English-taught program)
- Application fee of 600 RMB (no refund)
- Non-Chinese citizens in good health; between the ages of 18 and 35 years; holding a high school degree or above.
- In order to enroll in Chinese-taught programs, applicants need to submit a ‘Chinese Level Proficiency Test’ certificate (HSK). The minimum required HSK level is 4 with an additional requirement of a score of 210 or above for business/liberal/arts degree enrollees and a score of 190 or above for Engineering/Science degree enrollees. Applicants that fail to meet the required HSK level can take the Chinese language training course offered by CIE at our University.
- For English-taught programs, one of the following language proficiency requests must be satisfied:
- The native language or the official language of the applicants’ home country is English
- The teaching media during high school study is English
- IELTS （an overall score of 5.5 or above）
- TOEFL （an overall score of 60 or above）
* According to the regulations by the Ministry of Education of the PRC, applicants who used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries, must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate documents for more than 4 years. The applicant must also have actual proof of residency in that foreign country for more than 2 years in the last 4 years (up to April 30, 2020) (it can be regarded as one year if they have lived in foreign countries for more than 9 months in one year, this will be calculated from the number of entries and exits).
* The TOFEL Institution Code of ECUST is C473.
For More Information
Address: Room 106, Lizhi Building, 130 Meilong Rd., Shanghai, 200237, P.R. China
About the School
East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST) is located in Shanghai, a center of commerce, finance, trade and shipping in China. ECUST was founded in 1952, which is one of the National Key ... Read More